Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
staff
Growth Potential Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

Growth Potential

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thisasshole
Chuunin
Chuunin
thisasshole

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm

So I was on this Bleach site for a little while and they have this really cool system to rank up. Maybe we could do something like it to save the site if you guys want to. The whole ranking up system is completely dependent on RPing, meaning if people RP they will always rank up.

So for instance, lets say we have the five ranks.

D, C, B, A, S, we could even throw in E rank if people want to RP academy students.

So for each ranking we dish out a certain number of points and a growth point conversion. *Stat points*

D - 50-100 SP | 10GP = 1 SP

C - 100-150 SP | 15GP = 1 SP

B - 150-200 SP | 20GP = 1 SP

A - 200-250 SP | 25GP = 1 SP

S - 250-300 SP | 30GP = 1 SP

GP means Growth Potential. GP is defined as the ability for ones character to continue to grow stronger and rank up. An S rank Jounin's growth potential will be sluggish compared to a D Rank genin. A genin would be able to grow stronger than an S Rank. It would be harder for a Kage to keep gaining stats, than a genin. Got it? Easy right?

How do you get GP? Well, on the Bleach site I was at, you got GP per 50 words. So lets say you're Anko Mitarashi, B Rank Sp. Jounin. You started at 150 points. Well, for every post you make, it's going to take 20 GP to raise 1 stat. Meaning if you post 1000 words just once, and divide 1000 by 50 you get 20 GP. You claim your GP by posting it up similar to regular thread grading, and then add that SP where you want it to go.

Let's say you're Shikyo Riku, and you're S Rank already. However, you're an RP master so in a thread with Caranore's Henshu, both of you post 1k words a piece, 10 times for a total of 20 posts. 1000 * 10/ 50 = 200GP a piece. Then you divide 200/30. Then you get six point something. So you'd both get 6 GP to add to your stats.

For missions you could add in multipliers and all types of stuff. For instance, when they do plots, any thread pertaining to a plot is doubled. So if Henshu and Riku were RPing in a plot thread, they'd get 400 GP instead of 200.

Of course, our conversions could be money based or stat based and tweaked to fit SA. However it has some benefits.

1. The way to rank up is to RP. You don't even have to do missions or anything, all you have to do is RP. That's a big incentive to post on a consistent basis.

2. No more post count requirements. Sometimes you can't post the minimum required even though you should be able to. With this system, if you post the minimum every time, you do no benefit to yourself, the more you write the more you rank up.

3. This gives Genin can extra kick when ranking up, allowing them to move slightly faster. However, higher rank characters with no need to do missions can still RP and slowly collect GP to keep their characters sharp. This is good for kage's who don't really do missions, but can still hold casual threads to strengthen their character.

4. You can add multipliers for certain threads. Plot threads get extra GP, you can change the mission system to get extra GP depending on the grade you get etc.

There are tons of ways we could tweak it. As long as people just come and post, no matter what it is, they up activity AND up their own character. I could make a tweaked system if you will, though some systems like the promotion and mission system would change slightly. There are also caps on certain threads like training threads for people like me lol. In a training thread, you're only allowed to train 10GP per 24 hours. Nothing more. Keeps people from training and gaining like 30 GP in one post and then posting the same amount or more right after.

Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
King

King

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Well I agree. I usually like the feeling you get from starting as a Genin and working upwards but sometimes you just wanna reach your peak a.s.a.p. and with this it's easier. I mean, I'm definitely going to be interested in resuming RPing with my Uchiha character so again, it should be easier. Basically I fully endorse this and I'll put up a more detailed response on a later date.
Back to top Go down
thisasshole
Chuunin
Chuunin
thisasshole

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you for posting your opinion.
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 pm

I for one think it is a great idea. Like a good number of people here, I think the current requirements to rank up take FOREVER. but i have a feeling that if this system is added, and hopefully other things, that will no be a problem. Like, quick to get there, but still challenging.
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 pm

My bad that I never really posted even though I basically was like "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" to you in MSN. So yeah, love it! I wanna do it :'(! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Growth Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth Potential   Growth Potential I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Growth Potential
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi Armada :: Discussion Center :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Latest topics
» Reset
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:04 am by lifeanddeath

» Senju Atsuhiko, [Kirigakure Chuunin]
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm by lifeanddeath

» Versace For H&M Party.
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:31 am by snowlin42

» National alert test set for Wednesday
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:49 pm by yidiandiana

» Texas judge who whipped daughter won't be charged
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:02 am by youxieshi

» A Likely Favorite’s Long-Shot Story
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:23 am by kuaiguonianlo

» Pittsburgh Steelers quiet Tom Brady and New England Patriots in AFC showdown
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 pm by youshiyinianla

» Oakland police action unnerves some protesters
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 pm by zhendeainia

» Ump admits he blew call in game three
Growth Potential I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 am by weishinia

This site is not endorsed by Viz Media, Masashi Kishimoto/SHUEISHA Inc. Cartoon Network , or Toon Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only.

The Official Naruto site can be found at www.naruto.com.

Naruto, the Naruto logo, all names and pictures of Naruto characters, and any other Naruto related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Masashi Kishimoto/SHUEISHA Inc., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. We also hold no intentions of copying and or creating a new ideal in how Naruto should work so all ideas thoughts and central composure is of the persons opinion and in no way reflects how Naruto actually is.

All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of Shinobi Armada unless otherwise indicated.
© All Rights Reserved.