Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
National alert test set for Wednesday Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

National alert test set for Wednesday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yidiandiana

National alert test set for Wednesday Empty
PostSubject: National alert test set for Wednesday   National alert test set for Wednesday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:49 pm

But this time, it's going nationwide.

If you've watched television or listened to the radio, chances are you're familiar with monthly tests conducted to make sure local emergency agencies are prepared to deliver messages in the event of a real emergency. But until now, that national system has never been tested.

This Wednesday at 2 p.m., the U.S. Department of Homeland Security cheap jerseys free shipping and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct a test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) on all television and radio stations.

Don't worry if you have a standing date with "One Life to Live" on WSB-TV, or listen to news updates during the Clark Howard show on WSB Radio. The test will last about 30 seconds before stations can return to regularly scheduled programming, according to FEMA.

If you're watching TV, you'll most likely hear the words "this is a test,cheap football jerseys" but some viewers may not, due to technical limitations of the EAS, according to FEMA. For those listening to the radio, the announcement will sound similar to the local alerts.

"In most cases, you’ll see the word ‘Test,' " Crystal Paulk-Buchanan, GEMA spokeswoman, told the AJC. "It will be fairly obvious that this is a test.”

In Georgia, the emergency response community is fully aware of the test cheap baseball jerseys Paulk-Buchanan said. Still, there's always the chance someone will panic at seeing or hearing the alerts.

"The important thing to know about this test is that FEMA is using NHL Jerseys Cheapa code for an actual emergency so the text at the top of the television screen may indicate that an ‘Emergency Action Notification' has been issued," according to Phil Petree, president of NeighborhoodWatchAlerts.com.

Petree's organization has snsbars compiled information and tips on the alert on its website.

So why is the test planned at 2 p.m. this week?

"The November 9 date is near the end of hurricane season and before the cheap nfl jerseys severe winter weather season," according to FEMA. "The 2 p.m. Eastern broadcast time will minimize disruption during rush hours, while ensuring that the test can occur during normal business hours across several time zones."
http://mmzx.activosforos.com/t122-national-alert-test-set-for-wednesday
It's also easy to remember. Nov. 9, or 11-9, is 9-1-1 reversed.
Back to top Go down

National alert test set for Wednesday
Page 1 of 1