Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
General Rules Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

General Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Resaki
Genin
Genin
Resaki

Location : Wishing I could be somewhere else but here, wherever I am...

General Rules Empty
PostSubject: General Rules   General Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm

General Rules
Such rules are applied to the site in general when not Role Playing or In Character. This applies to Private Messages and Out of Character Comments as well.

Member Expectations
    Activity
      As a member of the site, it is primarily expected that once you join you will remain active. So, what is considered 'active'? That you create a character and Role Play at least twice a week. Posting in Off-RPG areas does not mean you are active. It only means you're here to chat and not role play, something that this site is not based off of.
    Knowledge
      It would also be extremely helpful if you knew at least something about Naruto, but its okay if you don't know anything. And if you do know something about Naruto or wish to know about it, we prefer if you stick to the manga if at all possible and use Leafninja for referencing jutsus and the like.
    Rules & Updates
      Additionally, you are expected to obey all rules and keep up with any and all updates to the site. In doing so, its also expected of you to comment on rules and updates as you see fit, voicing your opinions (but not in a way that will instigate unnecessary arguments/fights). You're also to respect your peers and the staff and its decisions.
    Other
      And last but not least: have fun Role Playing and enjoy yourself on the site!
Peers & Staff
    Respect
      Respect yourself, your peers, and the staff. There may be times when someone posts something and you can't help but think 'What the heck?', but don't be mean and call them an idiot outright. No one knows everything, and no one ever will. And there will be times when you don't agree with everyone else, but that doesn't mean you should yell and cuss at them either. Stay calm, get away from the site for awhile, come back later when you're not as angry, work it out.
    Race, Religion, & Gender
      Do not use degrading racial, religiously intolerant, extreme sexist words or images outside of Role Plays as everyone here comes from different places in the world and we all have different backgrounds and beliefs. Doing so can lead to an immediate ban without warning.
    Flaming & Provocation
      You are not to 'flame' others. (Flaming refers to pointless points saying things along the lines of 'that's stupid, you're an idiot, that doesn't make sense, etc. or constantly telling someone that what they're doing is wrong or giving negative comments excessively.) In all negative comments you must be able to explain why you think said thought or idea is wrong or 'pointless' in a way that does not provoke others into arguing with you/causing unnecessary problems.
Rating
    Public Topics
      Generally, overall this site is rated PG-13. That means that your avatar, signature, and all posts outside of Role Plays must be at or below a PG-13 level. This applies to word descriptions, images, topic titles, etc. Under no circumstances are you to disregard this rule, even if you put spoiler tags around such objects. So what about swear words? You can swear occasionally, but not excessively. (Cussing two or three times a paragraph would be okay, but to do so ten or twenty times will be considered excessive.) Additionally, don't get extremely detailed with gore/violence or love.
Posting
    Formatting
      Do not CAPTILALIZE, bold, italicize, underline, blind, size, or font your posts in a manner that we can not read. (Do not capitalize, bold, italicize, underline, blind, size, or font your posts in a manner that we can not read.) Please. Use common sense on this one: if we can't read it, we won't read it. Its okay if you do it for small sections of your posts, but if you do it for your whole entire post it hurts the eyes and no one will actually read it. It's just wasting your time and our time. If you're going to change the font for the whole post, please keep it to a readable font like Arial or Times New Roman; and if you're going to change the size for the whole post go up or down one size only. Everything else should be common sense.
    Length
      Additionally, do not post one liners. The only place you could post one liners and get away with it is in the general discussion in spam topics. That place is meant for one liners and spam and what not. But everywhere else you should give at least a paragraph or if you can't do that, two sentences. Don't just put something like 'I don't like it.' or 'I love this idea.'.
        Keep this in mind as well:
        Genin: Minimum of 200 words per post.
        Chuunin: Minimum of 300 words per post.
        Jounin: Minimum of 400 words per post.
        Kage/S-Rank: Minimum of 450 words per post.
    Grammar
      Also, please try to use proper grammar when posting at all times (unless its in general discussion, spam topics). And this should be obvious, but type in English please. It doesn't help at all if you're typing in a language we can't understand. (And quite frankly, if you can't type in English or read English... we are wondering why you are here in the first place. You don't have to know it well, just enough so that you can RP with other people.) Use a spellcheck! (And don't you dare counter with 'I don't have spellcheck.' You have access to the Internet; therefore, you have access to an online spellchecker. USE IT!)
    Punctuation
      Remember! Hit preview before you post things and just skim through your post. Fix errors, and change things if it looks weird, too small, too big, unreadable, etc. The old excuse of 'I didn't know it'd look like that.' isn't acceptable at all when you have a preview option. So add in those periods, commas, question marks, and quotation marks.
Account Management
    Accounts
      There is to be one account per person. If you have a sibling who also wishes to join and only have one computer with which to share, it would be alright to have two accounts with the same IP Address. BUT, keep in mind that we can view your IP Addresses, and if there are ten accounts coming from the same address we are more than likely going to ban you and either all or most of your accounts even if you aren't using multiple characters to profit off of each other. AND, keep in mind that EVERYONE writes differently. You can say 'That's my little brother.' but if he writes EXACTLY like you do, do you think we're going to believe you? No. And to keep from getting a bad name at the start, make sure to PM an Administrator that you have another sibling who is joining the site through the same Internet Connection.
    Password
      Also, do NOT EVER give away your password to anyone, even to your best friend or mom or dad. Even to some random kid who can't see or type. Keep your password to yourself. And if you share your computer with other people remember to log off and to not enable 'Remember My Password' or else anyone could come in and do anything with your account. And even if you didn't do it, if your account did it... well you're toast.
    Account Sharing
      And under no circumstances should you ever share your account with anyone else. Your account is your own and there should only be one account per person. And, regarding this, please remember to keep your personal life personal. I.e. Don't give away our name, location, phone number, pictures, etc. to everyone. Its okay if you're comfortable with giving out maybe your first name, a picture or two, or a general location as to where you live... but to give it away specifically? No. And if you do do that and get hurt because of it, it is not our problem nor are we to be blamed.
Back to top Go down

General Rules
Page 1 of 1