Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
Jashinic Jutsu Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

Jashinic Jutsu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Kurojustu ~ The Black Arts
Unique Speciality

Jashinic Jutsu Hero-necromancer

To my most unfortunate successer,

Should you have found this treatise then it means have failed in my task to destroy it and for ever free the world of its dark presence. For too long it has called to me, singing in my dreams urging me to stay my hand. I suspect I can not bear to harm it, even now I fear to let it leave my sight, it plays on my mind so very much. I urge you not to make the same mistake. Do not read this profane and document but burn it and scatter the ashes into sea, never to feel its clawing taint but I suspect it will be too late, that even as you read these reads you have felt the unimaginable power that lies within and the whispering secrets no mortal should possess within its pitiless depths. I fear that ambition will blind you as surely as was I. Heed my warning, fear where you cast your gaze mortal for to look unto this secret treatise and absorb the unimaginable horror and power that is Jashin’s to give and for those that serve him to use will ensnare mind and destroy the weak willed. Corrupting and terrible in its design few can contend with the power of the dark god. You will find what cannot be exists and that what should not be allowed live walks among you freely feeding off the souls of living. Nightmares will be made manifest and horrors too unspeakable to consider lurk in the dark recesses ready to pounce on the unwary. Read carefully and with great care for to embrace Jashin is to embrace the never-ending darkness itself from whence return is not possible. Lastly my most unfortunately damned reader make no whisper of your actions, in no affluent party nor hidden side street, for to do so is to invoke the wrath Jashin and Jashin knows not the meaning of mercy. Should his servants learn of what you now possess as they have learned about me they will come as surely as the night that shrouds our world comes with dusk and far blacker for their coming. Even now as I scribble these last words of warning I feel them coming ever closer and worst still I am terribly aware of what they intend to do when the find me. No more poignant has the saying blessed are the ignorant for I fear death every hour now and I know there will be no release in it for there is no defence against those who come for me. Only horror and darkness await for me now and I suspect that no amount of prayers to Kami will save me from what is to come. There is however time enough at least for you, time to save yourself and avoid the darkness that will be manifest itself if you follow this cursed path. I beg you to do what I could not and close this foul tome, burn it and never speak of what have you learned for when they find you, and they will, your suffering will be endless.

From a hastily scrawled note at the top of a black Jashinic tome recovered from Akobah the Damned, whose foolish soul now entertains Jashin in the depths of the underworld

Summary

Jashinic Jutsu Necromancer

Most mortals are aware of Kinjutsu but barely understand it. Forbidden techniques are forbidden for a reason and should not be trifled. Fewer still are aware that beyond these supposedly secretive techniques exists an all together darker speciality. One that fewer still have heard of and none who use would admit to it. A long time ago, in age before Nin or even the Redukko Sennin had even be heard of the only form of magic like power was wielded by demons and gods. Kurojutsu was once a noble form of this energy manipulation, wielded for the benefit nature by those who served the Great God Jashin, a creator god who loved nature and was known Lord of Renewel. At one time he was worshipped side by side with Kami and all would praise his name and asked for his blessing. When humanity’s unbridled ambition led to the exploitation of nature and ultimately the maddening of the Jashin himself the dark God warped this potent and sinuous force into something darker, black as night and deadly. As Jashin himself was consumed by a black insanity and turned ever slowly into the dark God he would become so to did the gifts and powers he bestowed on others.

Kurojutsu is both akin and wholly different to the existing specs both in its nature and abilities. Rather then a varied form of personal chakra manipulation, both internally and external, which can be learned and developed for purposes both for good or bad Kurojutsu and the power behind it come from external sources, gifted by a dark and terrible source whose nature beyond human comprehension. Users do not manipulate their own energy but rather act as conduits for the unholy power of Jashin. As a result Kurojutsu tends to be powerful and less constrained the other specialities, with trained adherents being capable of things that should not be humanly. Unconstrained by the boundaries of death, mortality or reality little is beyond a skilled users reach, and skilled proponents can not only raise the dead but consume the souls of the living for sustance. However such power is not easy to use and in its own way just as tiring for while the power itself is drawn from a greater source controlling such a terrible force is tiring both physically and mentally. Furthermore mortal chakra coils are ill designed to cope with the strains and thus must use such techniques judiciously or risk terrible consequences. Many of the techniques are manifestly evil in design and intent and serve to unfortunately mark those who use them as such revealing the users true identity. Last but by no means is these technique are both hard to learn and all but impossible to develop. Unlike all other specialities which are merely building blocks on which men and women can shape their own jutsu Kurojutsu are ancient techniques, handed down by Jashin, to the faithful, their nature complete, their method of use fixed and unchangable. Even the most learned users have only the barest understanding of the nature behind the inhuman abilities they use, and merely learn to skilfully employ them with no hope of developing new techniques on the own. Only through devoted prayer and service far beyond the efforts one would normally go to train another jutsu of different specialities will Jashin diviludge new secrets unto them and in so doing broaden the speciality.

In practise this breaks down into the following rules. These may or may not apply to the techniques below. See individual techs for details:

Fuelled by Unholy Power: The Powers of Jashin are potent beyond mortal comprehension, powered by energy as dark as night and as terrible as Jashin himself. To reflect this Kurojutsu are considered to have elemental superiority over all standard and advanced elements. Furthermore the energy involved, though is similar to chakra is different in composition. Techniques designed to affect chakra usage or flow are only half as effective when faced with Kurojutsu with this rule

Draining: Though the power tapped is not the users the potency of techniques sap the user’s strength and vigour as they struggle to control the energy they are harnessing. All users lose the equivalent spiritual and physical energy (chakra) of the rank of the technique used. Thus, though for differing reasons, it will cost as much chakra for a Kurojutsu user to use a B rank as a similarly ranked tech of another spec.

Dangerous to Wield: Manipulating foreign and hostile energy is dangerous at the best of times and must be done with great care. To reflect this all Kurojutsu with this rule can only be used once every other post. To do otherwise causes a c rank of damage to the target as the energies seethe around them untamed and burn them with their hateful power. Users with the ‘Unnatural Vitality’ trait are not affected by this as their bodies, filled as they our with unnatural vigour and energy can channel the corrupting energy without damage

Ancient Techniques: The techniques listed below are ancient in nature and the means by which they are brought about must be strictly adhered to. Increased seal speed or other traits that would normally speed up manipulation such as the ability to do seals one handed can not be used in concert with Kurojutsu with this rule and furthermore the application method stated must always be used.

Earned not Simply Learned: Kurojutsu unlike normal techniques are not merely the result of personal development but must be acquired through prayer and devotional acts. Jashin is a demanding God and places greater expectation on his servants then others. To this affect all training threads with for Jutsu with this rule are increased by 50% and likewise the mission credits needed to develop new ones are also increased by 50%. The acquisition of such power is not for the faint hearted

Cult of Jashin Only: While the Cult of Jashin are premier practitioners of Kurojutsu there are many others, witches, warlocks, necromancers, liches etc who also make use of it. The are many dark and terrible entities in the world who make use of the dark powers of Jashin, often unwittingly, for their own dark purposes. While they have general access to Kurojutsu certain techs are limited to Jashin’s favoured servants and are not performable by others.

Known Kurojutsu – Listed By Type

Jashinic Jutsu Necromancer

The many Kurojutsu that exist can be broken down into four specific sub-groups. Each is akin to a mini speciality with specific nature and reflecting the varied yet distinctly rigid nature of the power wielded by the worlds evilest individuals

Blood Rituals

Jashinic Jutsu 0

Arguably the most infamous and feared Kurojutsu are those solely practised by the Cult of Jashin, Blood Rituals. While commonly mistaken for blood manipulation, Blood Rituals do not in fact manipulate blood but rather use the victim’s blood and the spiritual essence carried with in it as a catalyst to performing dark rites. Blood rituals use blood to establish an unholy bond with others allowing the user to carry out malign and wicked activities. Blood Rituals carry a special place in the hearts of the Cult of Jashin as they are used as acts of sacrifice and a central not only to their requirements of worship but to sustaining their unnatural immortality

Name of Jutsu: Kegishiki [Ritual of the Blade]
Type of Jutsu: Kurojutsu
Linked Special Traits: Cult of Jashin Only
Description: While considered a blood ritual this relatively simply technique is actually performed with the users, by cutting the palm of their hand and placing over a sign/symbol of jashin they may summon any Jashinic weapon they may possess or a replacement where the item is not unique which will then appear in the users bloody hand.

Name of Jutsu: Chiakuba [Blood Curse]
Linked Special Traits: Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned, Cult of Jashin Only
Description: This technique allows a user to perform a curse without line of sight and at any distance by using their blood as focus for the technique. When using a curse the user need only drip the blood on his palm and clench it tight as the finish speaking it. This costs a C rank worth of chakra in addition to the cost of the curse itself

Name of Jutsu: Kami no Itami [God’s Pain]
Linked Special Traits: Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned, Cult of Jashin Only
Description: In order to perform this technique, the user must first consume the blood of his opponent. It does not matter how much blood he consumes, for even a drop will do, but once he has consumed the blood the user will begin this ritual of faith. The users’s skin will darken and the form of a skeletal outline will appear all over their body, additionally any Jashinic Weapon they are carrying will glow blood red. In this state whenever the foul blade or the user touch the victim of this technique they will suffer terrible agonising pain in addition to any other damage that would normally be inflicted. The pain caused by this technique is mind numbing taking the wind out of the victim and making them fear its touch and by association the user all the more. Anytime additional pain is caused in this manner the victim losses 25% of the base speed for one post each time it is caused to reflect this. While the reductions don’t last long they are applied every time additional pain is inflicted and are culmative potentially immoblising the victim if 4 inciddents occur in a post. Additionally should pain be inflicted in this manner the victim becomes more susceptible to fear based techniques as their own bravery fails them in face of such pure agony, increasing the duration of the next dread based technique inflicted on the target by 50%. Unlike the speed reduction this is not cumulative. This technique ends either after 5 posts, upon the victim’s death or at the user’s instigation, which ever comes first.

Name of Jutsu: Saishi-Shoji [Ritual of Possession]
Linked Special Traits: Fuelled by Unholy Power, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned, Cult of Jashin Only
Requires following Item: Voodoo Doll
Invocation: Blood to Blood, Earth to Earth, Flesh to Flesh
Description: In order to perform this technique, the user must first have a voodoo doll and some of the intended victims blood. It does not matter how much blood, for even a drop will do, however blood is essential to utilising the technique successfully. The blood must be dripped onto the doll and while chanting the above invocation. The result is to link the victims body to the doll in a less potent manner then Kami no Sabaki but with more varied results. Though it can be used to kill by using curses needles and razor fine strands of corrupting energy the doll can be used to greatly weaken the victim. With doll in hand the a user with a b rank version can do one of the following:

- Reduce the victims speed by 25%
- Reduce the victims strength by 25%
- Increase chakra costs 50%

The A rank version of this technique is all the more potent allowing the user to apply two modifiers. These can be the same one if they so choose (ie. two x strength reducing the victims strength by 50% in total). A voodoo doll effects lasts until destroyed or dropped and must be held in one hand at all times. Please note that on the post it’s destroyed the victim will be blown back with crushing force as if struck by a c rank wind technique in parody of the mangled puppet.

Name of Jutsu: Kami no Sabaki [God’s Judgment]
Linked Special Traits: Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned, Cult of Jashin Only (Disciples and Priest)
Description: This Jashinic ritual essentially turns the users own body into something of a voodoo puppet to his opponent. In order to perform this technique, user must first consume the blood of his opponent. It does not matter how much blood he consumes, for even a drop will do, but once he had consumed the blood the Immortal will begin this ritual of his faith. The user’s skin will darken and the form of a skeletal outline will appear all over his body. Furthermore, he must draw at his feet in his own blood the symbol of Jashin, a large circle with an equilateral triangle inscribed within it. Once the ritual is begun any damage he takes while within the circle will also be inflicted on his opponent, or opponents in the cases were he was able to consume blood from more then one person. By inflicting damage upon himself, the opponent will be injured in the exact same way, though the obvious differences is that only the user will be immortal where his victims are not. As an example of how this technique works, if the user were to stab themselves in the thigh, the exact, same injury would appear on the opponent. The damage itself does not need come from the user as it would be possible to allow the opponent to attack and thereby cause themselves damage. However the user must remain within the circle on the ground or else the ritual will be temporarily stopped. If the user is forced out of the circle all he would have to do to restart the ritual is re-enter the symbol of his faith, without having to consume any additional blood from his victim

Name of Jutsu: Amanozako [Heaven-opposing Everything]
Description: This is a technique named for the mythological creature Amanozako, which was said to be a female spirit that would instigate people into performing wicked deeds by provoking them with their deepest desires. This technique is used in conjunction with the users own unique ritualistic summoning technique Akujin Tensei. Upon calling forth one of his defeated opponents, the user is able to activate this technique by consuming a drop of blood from his summoning, and then stepping into the symbol of Jashin he had drawn in blood upon the ground. Like his other technique, the user will take on the appearance of the grim reaper, his skin changing tones to signify the technique. However, instead of creating a connection between bodies, since he has already killed these former opponents, the user creates a connection of minds so long as he remains within the symbol of Jashin. While his summons will automatically follow his orders, as they are essentially without their own will, this technique allows the user to take direct control of the summoned body he performs this with, allowing him to control the bodies actions entirely. This is not so much a jutsu to be used in a battle, since it would actually impair him in such a situation, but instead is a technique that allows the user to perform tasks far off without his own body being directly there, and thusly this technique is usually performed when the user is actually secluded. If the connection is broken, and the summoned body is not able to hear any command of the user, then its initial instinct will be to return to its master, potentially leading more danger to the user other then the original cause that made him step out of the symbol of Jashin.

Name of Jutsu: Kuchiyose - Akujin Tensei [Summoning - Evil God Reincarnation]
Description: This is dark ritualistic ceremony that works in relations to Kami no Sabaki [God’s Judgment] & Kami no Itami [God’s Pain]. This technique involves summoning back to this world, dead souls slain by one of the above sacrificial techniques in something that can only be explained as a blood pact created by the consumption of his opponent’s blood combined with the claiming of his opponent’s soul by Jashin. In order to perform this technique, the user needs only to draw onto the ground the symbol of Jashin, and then slam his palm onto the centre of the symbol with the name of his claimed victim in mind. Once this is performed, the symbol will begin to cinder and burn, and from the hellfire insignia will arise the form of the previous victim. However, this form, given to Disciple by his Lord Jashin for temporary use, will have the insignia of Jashin tattooed upon its forehead, displaying the control Jashin has over the former living person. The form of the summons will appear as a healed version of when they died, though the faces of these emotionless summons are usually angered, or sorrowful. These summoned bodies will be able to use all the jutsu they once knew, and will obey the command of the user, allowing him to use these summons perfectly in battle. Once summoned, about the only way to make these servants of the Disciple disappear is to completely dismember them to prevent their mobility. The Disciple is able to cancel the summons at any time, causing their bodies to burn into ash and disappear. If the souls are extracted from these bodies, they will be freed form their service to Jashin, though the dark god will be extremely displeased to say the least. Can only summon one of his defeated opponents to the field per battle

Dark Invocations

Jashinic Jutsu Grimmjow_chargin'_his_cero

The largest and most varied range of black techniques are the Dark Invocations, techniques that draw directly upon the unholy energy necessary for all Kurojutsu and utilise in its raw form to either damage or imbue items and people with dark energy. Of all the sub categories this one most closely resembles ninjutsu and ninjutsu’s inherent manipulation in its nature and is commonly mistaken for an advanced element rather then something altogether darker. In addition to general Kurojutsu traits certain dark invocations additionally benefit from following:

Negative Energy: The dark unholy power of Jashin in its raw energised form not only corrodes all life but can even directly damage chakra. Chakra be it used for good or bad is a positive force drawing from ones on life force, the power of Jashin the god of destruction, a negative one and should these two powers collide one will invariably cancel each other out. Techniques with this trait will destroy any chakra, be it in a fireball or complicated chakra based seal, they may come into contact with. It will only destroy up to the amount of chakra used to create it (potentially destroying or reducing the power of other technique) and will lose the equivalent amount in turn. For example an A rank technique sent at a b rank seal based construct will destroy the seal on contact but lose a b rank of power in turn reducing its own rank to b rank. This technique is affected by the trait ‘Fuelled by Unholy Power’

Name of Jutsu: Doombolt
Linked Special Traits: Negative Energy, Fuelled by Unholy Power, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation: The weak and dead be one
Description: By harnessing the powers of their dark master a user can form and hurl a ball of burning energy more commonly referred to as a doombolt. This black ball of energy is formed spinning and roiling with intense hatred in the palm of the users hand and can be sent shooting out towards the target, travelling great distances if needed. During its formation the necessary dark invocation must be uttered though the user can still move and use the other arm unconstrained. Inanimate/non Living items/materials are not harmed by this technique and it will even pass clean through any it encounters without detonating almost as if it doesn’t exist but the technique devastates all known life. Upon detonation it will create an explosion who radius is relative to its rank, The blast radius is noticeably smaller then many a comparable technique but all the more deadly. The explosion releases a blast of what can only described as corrosive energy horrifically burning all life and even chakra. The damage itself is considerable and can kill weaker nin outright but it’s the chakra burning nature that’s arguably worst still for the technique will burn away chakra equivalent to its own rank as well (not permanently). Should this reduce a nin’s chakra reserves to zero death is instantaneous and there are assumed to be consumed by unnatural flames. Deaths caused in this manner can not be healed. Invariably this technique is more effective against a user with lower chakra reserves and deadly when targeted against civilians. Whole villages have bee put to the flame with this technique and those who have found them afterwards speak of ghosts towns, complete and yet entirely devoid all life be it man, animal or plant.

B Rank – 10m radius
A Rank – 20m radius

Name of Jutsu: The Black Mist
Linked Special Traits: Negative Energy, Fuelled by Unholy Power, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation: Darkness Burn Thee
Description: This technique is performed by the user bring both hands together in a prayer like fashion, uttering the necessary invocation (may be whispered). At this point the user must is to thrust out a chosen arm towards the target/target area which will unleash a gout of black corrosive flame. This is a flame thrower like variant of doombolt unleashing a fan of life destroying black fire that corrupts and corrodes all it touches. Unlike doombolt its range is limited to 10m but is very hard to dodge and ignores intervening cover.

The second method involves the release of the dark energy in a far more diffuse form akin to mist which spreads over a large distance corrupting life and bringing burning the living. It generates a black mist that both obscures the eyesight of all the but the user and others trained in this technique while dealing a c ranks of damage every turn to victims caught within it (not including the user and others trained in this technique). It covers an area of 30m in radius and like the doombolt is often used for mass genocide. The mist will dissipate at the creators command or after 5 posts, whichever comes sooner

Name of Jutsu: The Black Mist
Invocation: Come forth darkness, let thy heathens breathe there last
Description: This technique is performed by the user bringing both hands together in a prayer like fashion, uttering the necessary invocation (this need only be whispered). At this point they spread both hands aiming to the ground and create a diffuse yet eary fog that spreads across a set area. The method involves the release of the dark energy in a far more diffuse form akin to mist which spreads over a large distance corrupting life and bringing burning the living. It generates a black mist that both obscures the eyesight of all the but the user and others trained in this technique while dealing a c ranks of damage every turn to victims caught within it (not including the user and others trained in this technique). It covers an area of 30m in radius and like the doombolt is often used for mass genocide. The mist will dissipate at the creators command or after 5 posts, whichever comes sooner

Name of Jutsu: Pit of Damnation
Linked Special Traits: Fuelled by Unholy Power, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation: Claim him for the Dark One
Description: The user gathers dark energy in the palm of their right hand into a small tennisball size sphere of condense chakra. Then he may either drop the sphere or throw at a point on the ground of their choice while reciting the ancient invocation (may be whispered). If done correctly a area on the ground with a radius of 10m’s will open revealing a shift to Jashin’s hell realm itself with 1000’s of clawing forms, the hands reaching skywards eager to drag fresh victims down into its depths never to be seen again. The hands are very strong again to the grip of an A rank taijutsu user and should they seize upon a target and dragging them under the death is assured. The user of this technique is not harmed by the searching hands who perceive him to be one of them.

Name of Jutsu: Taint
Linked Special Traits: Fuelled by Unholy Power, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation: Let the world be purified by the will of Jashin
Description: Rather then use the dark energy offensively to destroy and repress all life Taint alters it, transforming the local area into a dark mockery of its former self, a hateful place that will draw the dark gods eye unsettles the users victims and making it easier to control the flows of dark energy. This is done by drawing the sign of Jashin on the a solid surface with the dark energy and placing their palm in centre as if summoning a great beast though no blood is involved all the while chanting the invocation (need only be whispered). The effects on the landscape vary immensely depending on where its is done but all are profound from candle flames burning twice as high as they once did with red light, to walls dripping with blood or trees, once green and pleasant turning black, gnarled and hateful. The impact on those who see or enter a tainted area are equally profound inspiring fear in the heathens and empowering the servants of the dark. Kirojutsu users have the draining cost reduce by a c rank in such places while the rank of all of terror techniques performed on those within them are increased by one as the environment heightens the sense of fear and weakens there resolve. The area affected can only be as big as 30m in radius (or a whole building of any size) but can be as small as the user wishes. If smaller then 10m in radius (or a medium size building) it will only cost a b rank, and if smaller then 5 m in radius (or a room) it will only cost a c rank. This technique can only be performed by Jashins most favoured the servants, the cult of Jashin and is often used as a display of their favour to cower other dark users. The taint lasts 10 turns and can only be countered once formed by specific holy techniques designed to purify and bless

Name of Jutsu: Raise the Dead
Linked Special Traits: Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation: Rise Servants of the Lord of Dead. Rise and Serve once more
Description: According to Shinobi medical schools almost any ailment can be healed but death itself. It might be possible to heal flesh and bind bone but once the soul has left the body nothing can be done. To a wielder of the blacks however death is no bar, with the powers of dark god of death and rebirth it is possible to reach beyond the mortal veil to the underworld and using dark energy force souls to inhabit suitable vessels. The technique allows a user to suffuse an area and raise any and all dead in the vicinity should they wish it. It takes involves the drawing out of pentagram and the chanting of the dark invocation while standing in its centre. There areas involved can be as large a mile. The amount of dead is only limited by the rank of the technique and the existence of suitable corpses, making it only possible to use on around graves and graveyards and when raising those recently killed in battle or at the site of a battlefield. Undead minions raised in this manner are on the whole are little more mindless servants who act upon the summoners commands without question. They do not feel pain and will only stop if they are hacked to pieces or are utterly destroyed

The B rank version of this technique doesn’t really utilise enough dark energy to truly raise a corpse to former health creating relatively slow and dull witted undead minions. Undead minions raised in this way count as d rank nin with no jutsu. While not very skilled the b rank technique can raise up to 100 of them while there implacable nature makes them effective meat shields, decoys and distractions. Due to sheer weight of numbers any character below B rank locked in combat with them will be slowed down by 50% as the massed hordes box them in. A ranks nin and only slowed down by 25% and S Rank nin by a mere 10%. This is reduced by 10% for each and every team mate / ally in the thread reflecting how they help one another to deal with the undead menace. The dead can only be raised at night and last until sundown or destroyed, whichever comes first.

The A Rank version is identical to the B rank version accept on a larger scale summoning up to 200 undead warriors. This company of undead minions is identical to the B rank version with the exception of their increased numbers and that now B rank nin are slowed down by 75%, A rank by 50% and S Rank by 25% to represent the far greater disruptive effect their increase numbers cause

The S Rank version is identical to the A rank version accept on a vast scale capable of raising up to a 1000 undead warriors. This army of undead minions are identical to the A rank version with the exception that there are for more of them and that a 10% reduction for each team mate does not apply to reflect that nin are in combat with so many that none are in a good position to easily aid their allies

Another variant of this technique allows the user to raise one corpse for a b rank of chakra in a state close the pre death one. While it is not possible to command it in battle a corpse raised in this manner is far more coherent, akin to when it was alive and thus can be asked questions. While it must be truthful its can only remember things that happened in and around its death, and as such can only provide information garnered in the last week of its life. Due to the tendency for corpse to decompose this can only be done on relatively fresh ones, while their brain and the memories within it remain fresh and can therefore only be done on a corpse of less then a month old.

All corpses raised using this technique can be raised once and only once

Name of Jutsu: Unholy Regeneration
Linked Special Traits: Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Invocation:: Blood take Flesh, Darkness Bind Me
Description: Rather then using the corrosive energy to burn, decay and destroy users can manipulate it more benefitual form. Jashin is not only the God of Destruction and Death but also renewel and rebirth and as such his powers can sustain as well destroy. It is perform by the user focusing the chakra around the wound and using as a beacon to draw restorative energy while speaking the invocation (may be whispered) The use of the following technique allows the user to regenerate wounds by suffusing their body with dark pulsing energy that seals wounds on touch. At B rank this technique can heal a C ranks worth of damage every post for 3 posts. The A rank version can heal a B ranks worth of damage every post for 3 posts

Name of Jutsu: The Black Shroud
Invocation: Embrace thy servant Sithis and shield him from the faithless
Description: A skilled Kurojutsu can draw the dark energy of Jashin around them to form a shroud of malevolent darkness. This terrible energy disrupts harmful chakra based attacks and burns those who touch it. It can’t disrupt the amount of chakra used to form it and additionally inflicts a c rank of damage for any but the user who touch it. This technique will end after 8 posts or when the energy it’s formed from dissipates, whichever comes sooner

While shrouded in the darkness generated by this technique a user is more difficult to see at night but easier to see during the day. Stealth based techniques or abilities are improved by one rank at night and are reduced by one rank during the day when used in concert with this tech

This technique is performed by the user bring the arms together in prayer and muttering the relevant invocation which standing perfectly still. If performed successfully they will appear to catch on fire as black flame surrounds them briefly only to settle down into a dark hazy layer that surrounds the users form

Name of Jutsu: Demonic Form
Invocation:: Truest of Form, Darkest of Souls, Come to me, Awaken and purge all those that stand against thee
Description: The ultimate Invocation allows the user to on a daemonic form, a twisted, hateful parody of their own seething with dark and hateful energy. The daemonic forms taken vary enormously among users but the results are largely the same. Taking a full post to manifest itself during which the user is vulnerable to attack the user must draw a full sacrificial circle and kneel in servitude to an unseen god speaking the invocation slowly and carefully. Should this be completed without upset the user will scream in pain and ecstasy as daemonic forces far beyond their own capabilities twist and change them allowing them to taken on a daemonic countenance. This technique unleashes the user inner darkness in an evolved and powerful form. Though the specifics vary from person to person the semi-daemonic user will grow to 4 or so times their original size, becoming a powerful monstrosity easily towering over 8ft tall, wings will erupt from their backs, hooves will clad their powerful legs and horns will crest their head. In this form the user is incredibly dangerous empowered by dark forces beyond mortal comprehension. The user experiences a 150% boost in speed, a 250% strength boost, the ability to fly and constantly regenerates a b rank of damage every post. Such power however is not to sustain and comes with a price. Firstly it is only sustained by the continued slaughter of souls in Jashin’s name. To reflect this from the third post after it manifests the user must slay at least one person a post to maintain this raging form. Secondly while in such a state they become incredibly bloodthirsty and can not refuse a request to fight or miss an opportunity to slaughter in Jashin’s name leaving them somewhat exploitable and prone to getting side tracked. Last but not least it takes a lot out on the user and after it ends they are left momentarily weakened and breathless unable to perform jutsu above b rank and take a 50% reduction in speed and strength for one post followed by a 25% reduction in speed and strength in the following post.

Curses

Jashinic Jutsu Oiwapoisoned

While very popular in ancient folklore few realise that not only are curses very real but are kurojutsu deriving their power from Jashin’s divine hatred of humanity. The first curse was placed on the Arch Priest Lysander while he was overseeing burning of the Disciple Tork. The Disciple in question prayed that his god wreak terrible vengeance on the accused and Jashin angry at the loss of such a faithful servant answered his call and cursed the foolish priest. Over the centuries many more incidents have occurred and with each a new curse came into being. These curses use a method akin to verbal genjutsu to inflict debilitating if largely temporal affects to punish and condemn the users’ victim. They work by calling the attention of the dark god upon the victim who is afflicted with disease like symptoms. Unlike genjutsu they have very specific methods for applying requiring not only to be heard in many cases but line of sight too however unlike genjutsu curses they are no mere illusion but very real afflictions and thus can not be readily dispelled. Curses vary in strength and almost always last a set amount of time. While not as broad as many of the other types of techniques curses are among the most widely used by minor kurojutsu users such as witches and warlocks

Curse: All curses must be vocalised (the name of the technique spoken out loud) and require direct line of sight with the victim. They will normally also require some additional move or action be performed. Curses are all time limited and end at the end of the limit. They can only be removed by holy techniques of the corresponding rank or by spending one hour in cleansing reflection at a nearby holy site. As a result of their nature these curses have no affect on members of the Cult of Jashin as Jashin will not afflict his chosen so. All curses follow these rules unless a state exception exists in their description.

Name of Jutsu: The Common Curses
Linked Special Traits: Curse, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Description: Most curses have the origins centuries ago when they were first laid down as a means to spite and harm the heathens. In time they became feared and in turn used by others to insult and harm others in turn in a cycle of hate. Today they are commonly used as every day insults its users unaware of the far darker origins. Most curse words are indeed cursed and in the hands of the servants of Jashin potent. All require line of sight to use (eye contact is unnecessary though) and for the user to point one of their intact fingers at them and speak the name of the curse out load while focusing dark energy at the fingers tip. They may use the other hand freely but can not use other chakra based techniques while applying a curse. There are a number of curses of varying power whose cost and effects are as follows:

bachi Chi ~ Curse of Contempt ~ C Rank Curse ~ While afflicted the target is filled with contempt for the user and threat posed and is such will not stoop to wasting his chakra and based techniques on him. In reflection of this Target is limited to jutsu one rank below their own as they refuse to waste chakra against such an unworthy foe. Furthermore their reactions in relation to the user (be defensive, offensive or otherwise) are slowed by 25% as they believe that situations involving them are beneath there concern. Last 3 posts and costs a C Rank to apply
bachi Urusai ~ Curse of Curiosity ~ Curiosity is a doubled edged sword especially when it’s applied to the user. While afflicted the target believes themselves surrounded by watching eyes eager to exploit them and bring about the downfall. They believe these strangers know their darkest secrets and have come to enact revenge. Supposedly surrounded by hateful foes the target gets very jump and paranoid constantly looking around them in case of attack. Reaction times ironically increase while afflicted by 25% in this furtive state but the threat posed by the user becomes of secondary important and the user is limited to using but one jutsu against them per post for b rank users, and two jutsu per post for all others as there attention becomes focused elsewhere. This state lasts 3 posts and costs a C Rank to apply
bachi Shimatta ~ Curse of forgetfulness – The curse of forgetfulness makes the target forget any techniques used in the last post. While afflicted these techniques may not be used again. This state lasts 3 posts and costs a C Rank to apply
bachi Kisama ~ Curse of Pain – The curse of pain causes the user to feel the equivalent b rank of pain every post. This pain is not illusionary. C rank targets will be all but incapacitated by the pain, only able to move at 75% of their normal speed (both actual and seal based speed) and unable to perform any but academy jutsu. B Rank targets will be winded slowing them down by 50% of their normal speed (both actual and seal based speed). A rank users and above will be lightly affected with a mere 15% reduction in their normal speed (both actual and seal based speed). The affects can be ignored by any targets who are immune to pain (must have a trait stipulating this). This state lasts 3 posts and costs a b rank of chakra
bachi Damare ~ Curse of Inner Silence ~ While afflicted the target finds his body stilled and his chakra flow slowly as if in a tired state. Their chakra network becomes unresponsive, sluggish and difficult to access leading to considerably more wasted energy and time. Chakra costs are doubled and all chakra based take twice as long to perform. Lasts 3 posts and costs a B Rank to apply
bachi Baka ~ Curse of Idiocy – The curse of idiocy forces the target to act without thought to their actions, attacking/defending with the same techniques they did moments before without thought to their affect. It causes the user to use the same strategies and techniques they used in the previous post in the next post. This state lasts for 1 post and costs a B rank of chakra
bachi Kuso ~ Curse of Weakness – The curse of weakness causes the target to become afflicted by crippling weakness. There speed and strength are reduced by 50%. This state lasts for 3 post and costs a B rank of chakra
bachi Chikusho ~ Curse of Cowardice – The curse of cowardice causes the target to lose all heart and to fear harm and direct conflict. While afflicted the target will avoid engaging the user in hand to hand and will always choose to take refuge if possible. Furthermore if the user was of a higher rank then them and they will attempt to get to safety certain victory is unachievable and must spend the time while afflicted making good their escape. This state lasts for 3 posts and costs an A rank of chakra

Name of Jutsu: The Twining Curse
Linked Special Traits: Curse, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Description: This curse links the life force of two victims. The user must be able to see both and sweep the arm of their choice across them as if directing unseen forces as to whom to inflict while speaking the curses name. To be successful the victims must be in close proximity with one another (within 20m). Once afflicted the targets life forces are linked and any damaged done to one will mirror the other. This can not be used in combination with any blood ritual. This state lasts for 3 posts and costs an A rank of chakra

Name of Jutsu: Curse of the Damned
Description: More commonly referred to as the killing curse, this curse causes a black mark to form on the users hand. It requires the user to touch the victim while speaking the curse word to apply it. Unless this mark is removed within 5 posts the afflicted target will die. One way to stop this is to mutilate oneself by hacking their arm off they doing so will render it unusable for the rest of the battle. Any wound caused in this manner can be sealed but the dark powers involved make healing impossible until purge by submerging the limb in holy water for an hour. The other way to break the curses affect is to touch a close (can not be a NPC) ally or a loved one with the hand causing it to be passed on. Such as the nature of this curse that unless one risk’s considerably personal sacrifice the user is doomed to die or kill another who is close to them.

Dread

Jashinic Jutsu 0

Killing Intent has long been part and parcel of being a Nin, used to indicate power, as well as intimidating and impressing others but on the whole played a relatively minimal role in battle. In rare cases individuals have learned to concentrate and intensify it to a point where it is a weaponised form able to cower most men and women with ease. The Cult of Jashin and other Kurojutsu users have taken this a step further and use the dark energy involved in Kurojutsu to concentrate there killing intent into a new and deadly medium. The following additional traits apply to dread techniques:

Immunity to Fear: Ultimately Dread and dread techs are killing intent based and work on imbuing fear in others to extreme levels. Anyone who is immune to fear is by way of logic immune to dread based techniques. Please note due to the very potent nature of dread based attacks extreme bravery or near immunity is not good enough, a brave man is merely a man who has learned to conquer mundane fears not immune to them altogether. Examples of people who fall into category include truly emotionless characters, non sentinent creatures/devices, reckless indifference to personal well being etc. Generally if a character has emotions or feelings on any given subject is assumed not to possess an immunity to fear and thus dread based techs.

Akin to Genjutsu: While not strictly genjutsu at all they seem ways used to break out of them apply to dread based attacks. Both Kai and pain methods can be used (see genjutsu rules for details of how). They however can not be detected in the normal ways genjutsu can since they do not great unusual fluctuations in the targets in chakra system.

Name of Jutsu: Cause Fear
Linked Special Traits: Immunity to Fear, Akin to Genjutsu, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Description: The user creates an aura of fear and uncertainty about them or a focus of their choice. The focus must be an item if not using their own form. It is done by gathering dark energy around the focus creating an eerie coating which plays on the worst fears of victims. Anyone who looks upon the focus becomes fearful and uncertain. In this state the victim fears to be around the focus and will not attack unless it first attacks. This applies not only to first encounter but whenever a lull in battle occurs. Furthermore their nerves will become strained making them skittish, reducing the accuracy of their moves by 25%. The duration its affects lasts depends on the targets rank, 5 posts if c rank, 3 posts if B rank, 1 post if A rank or higher. The focus will continue to inspire fear for 10 posts but a victim will only be affected the first time they see it. Should the rank of this technique be increased the duration of the affects will double and the technique will count as a rank higher for the purpose of breaking out it

Name of Jutsu: Terrorify
Linked Special Traits: Immunity to Fear, Akin to Genjutsu, Draining, Dangerous to Wield, Ancient Techniques, Earned not Simply Learned
Description: The user creates an aura of terror and despair about them or a focus of their choice. The focus must be an item if not using their own form. It is done by gathering dark energy around the focus creating an eerie coating which plays on the worst fears of victims. Anyone who looks upon the focus becomes filled with terror and despair. In this state the victim fears to be around the focus and will not attack unless it first attacks. This applies not only to first encounter but whenever a lull in battle occurs. Furthermore their nerves will become strained making them skittish, reducing the accuracy of their moves by 50%. The duration its affects lasts depends on the targets rank, 7 posts if c rank, 5 posts if B rank, 3 post if A rank and 1 post if S Rank. The focus will continue to inspire terror for 10 posts but a victim will only be affected the first time they see it. Should the rank of this technique be increased the duration of the affects will double and the technique will count as a rank higher for the purpose of breaking out of it

Name of Jutsu: Pall of Night
Description: The user causes those in the vicinity he can see to see a dark shadow their world, turning day to night, and night to something darker still. This technique is rather simple to perform, simply by molding chakra in their eyes and using them as a focus. This can not be formed simultaneously with other techs but does leave the hands free. The horrifying gloom created seems encompass all and is not affected by range. From in this gloom horrible things lurk capable of driving the most steadfast man insane and conjuring fears in even the bravest. Victims who are affected can not see further then 15m in this gloom and any other terror technique used on them subsequently is increased by one rank while it lasts. Additionally any tech that relies on the sun or shadows are not usable, the former because the victim will not believe them possible the latter because the darkness is ultimately a fear based illusion and thus can not be exploited while obscuring areas that can. This technique lasts for a 3 turns or until broken. Should the rank of this technique be increased the duration of the affects will double and the technique will count as a rank higher for the purpose of breaking out of it

Name of Jutsu: Obeidiance through Fear
Description: The user must form eye contact with the victim will stating the command word, “kuppuku”. The target will feel a terrorifing fear take hold of them, one awashed with confusion and uncertainty where only servitude will bring respite. While under the affects of this technique the target will feel obligated to adher to the users commands as might a servant of a dark and terrible master. The users every word and syllable strikes fear into the victim and through it drives obedience. This brief loyalty only extends to acts that would not greatly imperil the victim. At B rank the victim can be instructed to perform any action that would not be potentially fatal or involve taking more then a B rank’s worth of damage or use more then a B Rank’s worth of chakra. At A rank the victim can be instructed to perform any action that would not be potentially fatal to themselves or involve taking more then a A rank’s worth of damage or use more then an A ranks worth of chakra. Actions that would be considered potentially fatal include standing still in face of a deadly attack, running into certain death etc. In short any action that risks a serious threat of personal death by performing. Things that would generally not include attacking allies, telling secrets, giving aid, performing techs the user knows the victim is capable of etc. This state affects the victim for 2 posts.

Name of Jutsu: Cry of the Beast
Description: The are many things that lurk in the night, terrors unknown, monsters which ones does not speak of. The Cry of the beast plays on this by convincing the users that they is horrific monster stalking them, that the user has summoned a diabolic creature with an inhuman craving for mortal souls that now hunts them. The beast takes on a form out the victim worse nightmare and pursues them at the user’s direction with unpitying resolve. It feels pain, no fear and regenerates any damage inflicted as if it never happened. The illusion is very effective as the victim can feel, hear, smell and even taste the beast sulpheric stench as it approaches and see its acid like blood spurt from any wound caused. It appears to move at times with inhuman speed allowing it to strike from many places and the illusion can not be uncovered based on its location. With no normal way to stop such a monster any victim affected by this technique must flee the beast wherever it rears the head. For 3 posts the user may indicate where the beast is coming from each post and the victim may not approach it. For example if the user states the beast lies between the victim and the user, the victim cannot approach the user, likewise if they indicate its behind them they can not fall back. Should the rank of this technique be increased the duration of the affects will double and the technique will count as a rank higher for the purpose of breaking out of it

Name of Jutsu: Shikumi no Jutsu - Death Viewing Technique
Description: Shikumi no Jutsu is a technique used to completely stun an opponent. If the target looks into the eyes of the ninja/focus, their mind is suddenly inflicted with intense visions of their own brutal killing. This results in their body going into shock and being unable to move. This can affect more then one ninja at a time. This state lasts 4 posts or until broken. Should the rank of this technique be increased the duration of the affects will double and the technique will count as a rank higher for the purpose of breaking out of it

Name of Jutsu: Terror Incarnate
Description: This technique works in a very similar manner to Shikumi no Jutsu but rather then seeing their death, they are quite literally terrified to death. The horror is so severe and mind numbing as induce a heart attack in those who witness it, leaving them unable to move more then 25% of their normal speed and limiting them to jutsu two ranks below their own (accept kai). Should they still be caught in this technique after 3 posts have passed, they will die of chronic heart failure. Any techniques that boost the affect of terror based Kurojutsu will reduce this to a mere 2 posts.

Last edited by Jiro on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Jashinic Weaponry

Jashinic Jutsu Hidan

Name: Jashin Kuroi Sutansu – The Black Stance of Jashin
Type: Jashinic Weaponary
Element: N/A
Description: This is the combat form adopted and developed by the Cult of Jashin. It is a fast moving, energetic and acrobatic style, both powerful and quick suited to using large weapons and is very aggressive. This style makes use of chains or robes attached to their Disciples weapons of choice to extend their effective range. A Disciple or Priest with this technique may opt to use two weapons simultaneously

Element: None
Description: Not every Jashinic move is designed to kill, some merely to maim, confuse or even disarm. Cruel Pretence takes the form of an all out attack leaving what appears to be an opening. Should another choose to exploit it they will find the opening to in fact be a snare as the user flips the haft of their weapon and with a precise movement sends any weapon they might possess flying up to 15m away in a chosen direction. This move may be performed secretly (in a manner similar to genjutsu) but requires a mod be informed prior to completing it

Name: Blade Barrier
Type: Weaponry
Description: A elite Jashinic Kenjutsu technique. By twirling there long handled weapons at near blinding speed thanks to feeding dark energy into them the user can create a shimmering barrier of negative energy capable of negating a tech of equivalent rank. In short to negate a b rank technique with this move a b ranks worth of energy must be used. It can not however be used more then once every other posts as the technique places unnatural strain on the users wrists, even those of immortals.

Name: Blade of Night
Description: Feeding dark Jashinic energy into their weapon the user can extend the length of his blades doubling their original length and coat them in a corrosive energy that makes short work of most materials, cutting through both stone and metal with ease. The blades are highly visible during the day but near invisible at night. This technique lasts 3 posts

Name: Mortal Sweeper
Description: Feeding dark Jashinic energy down their entirety of the weapon a users can magnify their force of a series of blows to a point where it unleashes damaging amounts of pressure. The power of these attacks is so extreme that waves of pressure damage will utter forth knocking back foes and projectiles a like. A great technique for smashing away projectiles of other objects in ones path but little use for actual cutting someone as the pressure usually sends them flying before any blood can be drawn. While short range, going a mere 10m’s any person caught in one of these pressure waves will be sent flying as if struck by a B wind technique of the same rank. This technique affects all attacks made for one post

Name: Seeking Strike
Type: Jashinic Weaponry
Description: Utilising the dark energy Jashin gifts them the user sends their blade forth either in hand or flying at a tremendous speed comparable to shinshun. So fast does it move that it’s very hard and difficult to see. It makes it very hard to dodge, reducing reaction time of the target by 50% and speed by 75% when attempting to, but adds no additional power to the blow then can be created by the users might alone.

Name: Eviscerate
Description: Great for dealing with groups or in tight situations, this technique allows the user to become a whirlwind of death by extending out their blade and starting to spin like spinning top. This can be used to land multiple brutal blows often with the result of dicing the said opponent, normally leaving nothing more then a pureed mess in their wake. The users moves too fast to properly control and direct his attack thus cannot strike any particular part and is easier to dodge them normal (+ 25% chance of dodging) so best used when the target is pinned or has not the room to move

Name: The Black Dance
Description: This art form is highly aggressive and not given to many defensive techniques. To avoid taking large amounts of damage the users learn to more ably dodge there foes and at high ranks can learn to dance around danger, glide past blades and flip over jutsu. The Black Dance doubles the user’s likelihood of dodging any form of attack while active as long as the user keeps moving. It lasts 5 posts.

Name: Ghost Blade
Description: Feeding dark Jashinic energy into their forearms and wrists the user will proceed to strike with incredible speed, so fast in fact that it can not be tracked by the naked eye, even those belong to the infamous Uchiha. Such attacks are near unblockable in the traditional manner and require considerable ingenuity to avoid. The technique last for 1 post

Name: Eye of Destruction
Type: Weaponary
Element: Wind
Description: Using their weapon when attached to a chain or rope the user whips it about in circular motion in a few clean motions all the time pumping vast amounts of dark Jashinic Energy at greater and greater speeds. Around them the wind will begin to whip and churn and within seconds a dark hurricane will form with its centre over the user. The hurricane has a radius of 15m with a 5 m calm eye of the storm in the centre. Once created it will follow the user about and last till he stops spinning his weapon in a circular motion. Anyone who comes into contact will be pulled towards the centre being at once liquidised by the blade and corroded by the swirl of dark energy. The hurricane itself can also do extensive damage to the local area capable of ripping of trees, churning rock and levelling buildings. It will end either at the users discretion, at the end of 3 posts or after being any struck by S rank chakra based techniques. Should the latter occur the dark energy will negate the technique but diffuse in doing so and the horrific hurricane will come to an end usually leaving a decidedly unhappy cultist

Last edited by Jiro on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Basic Technique Replacement

Jashinic Jutsu 1240894010-ghosts

Many dark energy users, notably the high ranking members of the cult of Jashin often discard all former ties to their mortal life, shunning even the most basic techniques of the forefathers to devote their time and energy to the service of Jashin and understanding of his dark and terrible gifts. To this affect characters with the Kurojutsu speciality may opt to replace many of their basic skills with the following techs (they retain substitution, tree walking and water climbing which are all still achievable using dark energy in place of chakra but lose all other basics in exchange including: kai, shunshin, bunshin, activate tag and henge). This can not be done piecemeal and users must either use one set or another and can not switch between them:

Name: Shade Servants
Description: Replaces Bunshin. Unable to clone themselves in the traditional manner many servants of Jashin can summon undead souls to inhabit the shadows about them which with the aid of dark manipulation take the form of the user themselves. These shades are similar to material clones and are not simply images but ambient entities capable of affecting real world though unlike material clones do not need to remain close to the user to operate effectively and are capable of independent thought due to being in essence individual spirits. They can use techniques known by the user at the users instigation (to a limit of one rank below the user) but nothing they do or see can in turn be learned as is the case with shadow clones. Shades can be disrupted like normal clones or dismissed at will.

Name: Nightmare Shroud
Description: Replaces Henge. Unable to change their appearance many a disciples of Jashin have access to a fair darker more potent though restrictive disguise technique. The Nightmare shroud requires the user to either taste of the blood of a target while forming dark energy about them or establish a moment’s eye contact to stare deep into their soul while harnessing the terrible energy of jashin. Using these as a catalyst they are able to copy the form of the target be it human or otherwise. While intrinsically more limited then clone, requiring a suitable vessel to copy that can not be inanimate (though it can be done on the recently deceased) the clone itself is highly realistic, does not break upon causing damage and appears for all intensive purposes to have the same look, voice, smell and even chakra system as the user. While transformed the user is very difficult to distinguish from the vessel that was copied making this an excellent infiltration and avoidance technique. It does however have one further limitation making it rather less effective in combat, notably that it will end the moment the user is spotted performing another jashinic technique as in this moment the dark energies that disguise form will become unstable allowing for any in sight to view their true form underneath.

Name Soul Flight
Description: Replaces Shunshin. Though unable or rather unwilling to utilize Shunshin the servants of Jashin have learned other means to travel at great speeds for short distances. They do so by quite literally forcing the dark energy that powers all kurojutsu into body with unnatural force and in so doing expelling their own soul against the laws of nature itself. Their soul can travel at incredible speeds free from mortal constraints, such as friction or gravity, enabling it to reach inhuman speeds. It can then fly up to 160m away before the laws of nature will forcibly pull the body towards it suffused in dark energy. This technique is arguably more potent then one it replaces since the soul is impervious to damage and thus the user can not be harmed during its flight (though they can potentially be harmed either end of it) making it hard to stop or directly counter but unlike Shunshin it is far more conspicuous. In spite of the users soul not being visible to the naked eye anyone in the vicinity will see a blaze of dark energy emanating from the users glowing form left in the techniques wake. It can be used to enter combat but not accelerate an action beyond movement. The rank of the technique depends on the distance travelled:

D – 20 m or less
    C – 40 m or less
    B – 80 m or less
    A – 160 m or less
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Bump: For the attention of slowpoke's
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
Hokage
Hokage
lifeanddeath

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Weaponry

seeking Strike wrote:
It makes it very hard to dodge, reducing reaction time of the target by 50% and speed by 75% when attempting to, but adds no additional power to the blow then can be created by the users might alone.
How does a weaponry tech reduce reaction time/speed?

Ghost Blade wrote:
Feeding dark Jashinic energy into their forearms and wrists the user will proceed to strike with incredible speed, so fast in fact that it can not be tracked by the naked eye, even those belong to the infamous Uchiha. Such attacks are near unblockable in the traditional manner and require considerable ingenuity to avoid. The technique last 3 posts
Reduce the time span or make it a cost per usage jutsu.

Eye of Destruction wrote:
Using their weapon when attached to a chain or rope the user whips it about in circular motion in a few clean motions all the time pumping vast amounts of dark Jashinic Energy at greater and greater speeds. Around them the wind will begin to whip and churn and within seconds a dark hurricane will form with its centre over the user. The hurricane has a radius of 30m with a 5 m calm eye of the storm in the centre. Once created it will follow the user about and last till he stops spinning his weapon in a circular motion. Anyone who comes into contact will be pulled towards the centre being at once liquidised by the blade and corroded by the swirl of dark energy. The hurricane itself can also do extensive damage to the local area capable of ripping of trees, churning rock and levelling buildings. It will end either at the users discretion, at the end of 5 posts or after being any struck by S rank chakra based techniques. Should the latter occur the dark energy will negate the technique but diffuse in doing so and the horrific hurricane will come to an end usually leaving a decidedly unhappy cultist
Reduce the radius of the storm, 30m is an extrememly long range & reduce the time to 3 posts.

Back to top Go down
thisasshole
Chuunin
Chuunin
thisasshole

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:34 pm

About the Ghost Blade, I think it's a popular misconception that a tremendous amount of chakra/energy applied to increase speed can out track the Sharingan. Lee's comment holds a lotta weight here. The eyes will always track the users movements under most cases, especially those raised by chakra. Unless the fuel which powers the Jashin techniques cannot be seen like chakra then you can disregard the stuff below.

Jashinic Jutsu Shuringan
Jashinic Jutsu Sharingan

Sasuke was able to dodge Killer Bee's move because of the fact that he had raised chakra to increase his speed. It works differently with raw speed, as Lee explains.

Jashinic Jutsu Naruto37_18

Sasuke couldn't read it with of his two tomoe because chakra was not being created to enhance speed, it was his raw physical movement. It's easier to see chakra enhanced movement than it is with just pure speed.

In the case of the Raikage, the Raikage used chakra to increase his reflexes, and coupled with his tremendous speed, the Sharingan was not able to follow the movements. Sasuke was still able to see what he could, but following it was difficult because reflexes were increased.

Reflex - An involuntary and nearly instantaneous movement in response to a stimulus.

By increasing the speed in which the electrical impulses travel through his brain, he can out speed the Sharingan simply because he is moving faster than Sasuke's own electrical impulses can input the data into his brain. *Not a large time frame here, but enough to cramp the Sharingan*

Jashinic Jutsu 003

Even then, the more he moves physically, the easier it is for the Sharingan to react to muscle movement.

Jashinic Jutsu Sasukedodge

Increasing it by chakra does not work the same way, as shown by his ability to dodge KB's attack.

As long as the Sharingan can see the enegry that fuels Jashinic techniques like chakra, then it can see them. If it's raw taijutsu speed, then you have a chance of out-speeding the sight of it. The faster you move with raw speed, the more difficult it becomes for the two tomoe to read, and the three tomoe to see the predictive images. They would be too close to one another to be of any use to use as an advantage. At farther ranges (implying the Sharingan has more time to see) it becomes easy, but at closer ranges high speed becomes some what difficult, so in your defense the Sharingan would still be able to see it, but the three tomoe would be reduced.

Jashinic Jutsu Naruto_ch230_p08

Unlike Naruto who doesn't have a tremendous amount of speed, all the power he puts into his blows make it easier for the Sharingan to see.

Jashinic Jutsu Naruto_ch230_p11

In the case of your jutsu, the predictive image would be very close to the actual image, and to a trained (A-S Rank) Sharingan user, it could possibly make a hairline, or very close (inches here) difference in attack. Even then, what Lee says still holds some weight to chakra enhanced speed, and the Sharingan user would have to be paying attention to that specific arm or body limb moving to react.

Just clearing up the misconception, I don't mean to be harsh.
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

What a review?????? Fantastic

santa rendeer jocolor santa rendeer bounce

*Jiro has a review party with tea and scones and invites Lifey and Shi as guests of honour*

Seeking Strike ~The reduction in the targets speed and reaction time is simply another way of reflecting this technique increases the Jashinist's weapon speed significantly. Rather then couching the affect in the vague bonus to of weapon speed (positive modifier) which as a concept is often hard to perceive and often people fail to factor into fights altogether confusing it with speed of movement. Instead I have placed the victim in a more restrictive bind (negative modifier) in a manner that that is much easier to follow. This is an attempt to make it more clear cut in rp and avoid potential slips or metagaming

Ghost Blade ~ Reduced to one post. In answer to Shi's point, while similar to chakra in that it can be sealed and be affected by chakra, it is not actually chakra itself but rather dark energy derived from jashin himself which is channelled in such a way as to create these techniques

Eye of Destruction ~ Reduce in scale and post number as requested
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
thisasshole
Chuunin
Chuunin
thisasshole

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:18 am

Kuchiyose - Akujin Tensei [Summoning - Evil God Reincarnation]

A very balanced technique, though it seems overpowering it has good limits. I just wanted to clarify, does the Jashin user have to stay there on the symbol?

Pit of Damnation

Where does the enemy go when the technique is ended? Or does it kill the enemy if they are grabbed? I know that's kind of a dull question. It's kind of powerful for an A Rank, in the sense of radius and what happens. If the enemy takes the damage and is still allowed to continue fighting (if is a big part here, when understanding battle situations etc) they should be able to. I would have assumed the arms come up and thrash them for a bit, "pretending" to drag them to hell below.

Raise the Dead

Though I understand your reasonings for the decrease in speed, I don't think it is safe for one PC's jutsu to cap on another PC's abilities because of the situation. Just because they would be boxed in by the user doesn't mean the enemy would necessarily slow down. (ex, they could find and opening and run away) It would be harder for the opponent to make a legitimate move being surrounded like that, but to warrant fairness I think you should remove the caps on speed. Though, it will be harder for the enemy to make legal moves using speed if the jutsu is deployed in the correct fashion. This however is to be adjudicated by battle moderators and above.

I think the gap between S Rank and A Rank is too large. Going from 200 to 1000 is a vast jump, and I don't think the level in energy used is that large. I think 500 would be a more appropriate number for S Rank, and then maybe add an S+ Version which could reach a 7 or 800 depending on which number you think is relative given the energy used.

Demonic Form

It's a really powerful technique, but I think the weaknesses should affect both speed and strength, for a longer duration of time.

Curses

General question about them. Do they work as genjutsu does? I just wanted to know is the user able to move during the curse. If so, it makes it very easy for a jashin user to kill while one of the simpler lower techniques are used. If they can move while a curse is up, there must be a little bit more limits on how they can be used.

bachi Chi ~ Curse of Contempt ~ C Rank Curse ~

The slowed down reactions, is this of the user casting it or is it the enemy? If it is happening to the enemy, as in the enemies reaction are delayed, the percentage is too large for a C Rank jutsu. A slight decrease in speed would be more acceptable.

bachi Shimatta ~ Curse of forgetfulness

The only thing here is the 5 posts. 3 is more acceptable due to the rank of the technique, even though it has a simple function.

The Twining Curse

I’m still a bit misunderstood. Is this real physical damage or imaginary?

Curse of the Damned

Does the justu have no offensive abilities? It seems like a suicide move.

Cause Fear/Terrorify

Do you mean to imply that it lasts longer the lower the technique is? Also, 25% is a lot for C Rank, 15% would be approvable. After reading terrorify I think you are implying rank of people casted upon, as in C Rank nin. Not sure though. Also, a proportional decrease would be in order. (Assuming that this isn’t broken once the technique ends or is broken. If it’s all “illusion” then it’s fine)
Back to top Go down
Jiro

Jiro

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Shihouin wrote:
Kuchiyose - Akujin Tensei [Summoning - Evil God Reincarnation]

A very balanced technique, though it seems overpowering it has good limits. I just wanted to clarify, does the Jashin user have to stay there on the symbol?

No, they are effectively treated like a summon. I could add a further limitation that the user can not use any blood techs while this one remains active

Shihouin wrote:
Pit of Damnation

Where does the enemy go when the technique is ended? Or does it kill the enemy if they are grabbed? I know that's kind of a dull question. It's kind of powerful for an A Rank, in the sense of radius and what happens. If the enemy takes the damage and is still allowed to continue fighting (if is a big part here, when understanding battle situations etc) they should be able to. I would have assumed the arms come up and thrash them for a bit, "pretending" to drag them to hell below.

It was my intend that they die if caught and can escape. though I could change it.
Its inspired by swamp of the underworld except deliberately more well defined to avoid its vagueness, an attribute that I dislike in Jutsu

Shihouin wrote:
Raise the Dead

Though I understand your reasonings for the decrease in speed, I don't think it is safe for one PC's jutsu to cap on another PC's abilities because of the situation. Just because they would be boxed in by the user doesn't mean the enemy would necessarily slow down. (ex, they could find and opening and run away) It would be harder for the opponent to make a legitimate move being surrounded like that, but to warrant fairness I think you should remove the caps on speed. Though, it will be harder for the enemy to make legal moves using speed if the jutsu is deployed in the correct fashion. This however is to be adjudicated by battle moderators and above.

I think the gap between S Rank and A Rank is too large. Going from 200 to 1000 is a vast jump, and I don't think the level in energy used is that large. I think 500 would be a more appropriate number for S Rank, and then maybe add an S+ Version which could reach a 7 or 800 depending on which number you think is relative given the energy used.

II understand it would literally slow people down directly but ran on the principal it would be high disruptive indirectly. I was worried if I didn't reflect this in a very specific manner it would just be ignored or god modded by accident. You will be surprised how many people remain complete control when fighting 500 nin zombies and will move about effortlessly, I felt a need to put in a rule to bring this point home. I have edited this element from a speed reduction to creating a damage effect every time someone locked in combat with them opts to target another. This way there is an effective price to ignoring them

As for the second bit I have cut down the numbers involved

Shihouin wrote:
Demonic Form

It's a really powerful technique, but I think the weaknesses should affect both speed and strength, for a longer duration of time.

Weakness edited accordingly

Shihouin wrote:
Curses

General question about them. Do they work as genjutsu does? I just wanted to know is the user able to move during the curse. If so, it makes it very easy for a jashin user to kill while one of the simpler lower techniques are used. If they can move while a curse is up, there must be a little bit more limits on how they can be used.

Curse are applied like gen but can not be readily removed by means of kai. The are not illusions so much as divine afflictions. The user is not so much casting an illusion as making Jashin aware of an individual and invoking him to afflict them with divine punishment. To reflect this they are rather harder to apply (normally needing verbalisation and direct line of sight as a min, often having to stand still or even touch the opponent) then gen and on the whole rather less powerful, only last a set time before the end automatically.

Shihouin wrote:
bachi Chi ~ Curse of Contempt ~ C Rank Curse ~

The slowed down reactions, is this of the user casting it or is it the enemy? If it is happening to the enemy, as in the enemies reaction are delayed, the percentage is too large for a C Rank jutsu. A slight decrease in speed would be more acceptable.

It afflicts the enemy and has since be reduced to 15%

Shihouin wrote:
bachi Shimatta ~ Curse of forgetfulness

The only thing here is the 5 posts. 3 is more acceptable due to the rank of the technique, even though it has a simple function.

Edited as requested

Shihouin wrote:
The Twining Curse

I’m still a bit misunderstood. Is this real physical damage or imaginary?

Actual damage. I thought it was reasonable given the difficulty involve in applying (how often are two nin next to each other in a battle), its rank and that it can be use with blood rituals/

Shihouin wrote:
Curse of the Damned

Does the justu have no offensive abilities? It seems like a suicide move.

Lol its says users when its meant to say target. The black mark afflicts the target it was placed on, not the user. I have corrected it now

Shihouin wrote:
Cause Fear/Terrorify

Do you mean to imply that it lasts longer the lower the technique is? Also, 25% is a lot for C Rank, 15% would be approvable. After reading terrorify I think you are implying rank of people casted upon, as in C Rank nin. Not sure though. Also, a proportional decrease would be in order. (Assuming that this isn’t broken once the technique ends or is broken. If it’s all “illusion” then it’s fine)

Both techniques ends after the time limit or upon being kai'd. As for the varying powers thats directly in relation to the rank of the target/s and reflects high ranking nin are more accustomed to mastering their fear. It does not reflect the rank which remains constant but rather the impact of such a technique on higher ranking users

Last edited by Jiro on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thisasshole
Chuunin
Chuunin
thisasshole

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 pm

If all the appropriate edits have been made then this is approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jashinic Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jashinic Jutsu   Jashinic Jutsu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jashinic Jutsu
Page 1 of 1