Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
Ashigaru Clan Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

Ashigaru Clan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:24 am

Name: Ashigaru
Founder: Numerous Families Uniting

History:
Spoiler:

Special Info: Members of this clan specialize in armed combat. No Ashigaru clan member my every choose Genjutsu, Fuuninjutsu, Puppetry, or Ninjutsu as a specialty. All members of this clan are required to take Weaponry as their primary specialization and must choose Kenjutsu as one of their weaponry choices. Beyond this, because the clan has had such intensive training from very young ages, Ashigaru are able to choose 3 catagories for their weapons, instead of just 2.

Members of this can also receive the following special characteristic. This trait does not count towards the maximum permitted at creation:
Name: Fearless
Type: Mental
Description: When confronted with even suicidal odds, the Ashigaru know no fear. Nothing will shake the steadfast resolve of an Ashigaru that wants to keep fighting. Any fear based effect of lower rank than the character automatically fails. Furthermore, any fear effect of equal or higher rank will have it’s duration halved. Ashigaru affected by any fear effect will hold their ground and defend themselves, but will not attack for the duration. They will fall back to at least 30 feet, and will not attack. After the effect expires they will receive a 25% boost to their strength and their speed for one post, in a furious attempt to restore any honor lost in the display of momentary fear.
Open: Ashigaru Only

Jutsu Restriction
Ashigaru are not so skilled as to assume they know all of the basic jutsu from the beginning. Ashigaru at creation are able to use the jutsu for walking on water, and climbing trees, and may select another 3 jutsu from the list of Jutsu commonly taught at the academy. Ashigaru are only able to learn an additional 2 jutsu per rank after that, and will never learn an elemental technique. Ashigaru are also restricted to only knowing jutsu that are one rank below their own rank, though these restrictions do not apply to any Weaponry, Taijutsu, or Medical techniques.

Ashigaru Great Armory
The Ashigaru Armory is as old as the ancient Stronghold the family has occupied for over a century. Behind its walls the Ashigaru smiths have refined their art of weapons and armor crafting to the peak of the form, and create weapons of legendary quality. Ashigaru blades are prized by many fighters for their durability and keen sharpness, but the strongest of their blades are reserved for the proud soldiers of their own army. In the Ashigaru armory any Ashigaru soldier in good standing with the family is able to purchase any manner of weapons or armor.

Because the clan is a close knit family, the soldiers can typically receive a great discount on their equipment, always ensuring that members of this clan are able keep themselves well prepared to kill in any fashion that might pop up. Ashigaru receive a 50% discounts on the price of any military equipment they need, as well as on scrolls needed for creating custom Weaponry techniques. Of course, The armory does not deliver, and all Ashigaru must travel to the Armory to make use of this wonderful discount.

Requirements: Members of this clan must choose Weaponry as their Primary specialty, and must then choose Kenjutsu as one of their selections.
Current Members:

Name of the Kekkei Genkai: N/A

Secret Techniques:
Though this clan is no master of jutsu, the clan has a few taijutsu techniques they are able to make use of which help them excel in their warrior trade. Though all Ashigaru are required to select Weaponry as their primary specialization, all are still able to make full use of their clan techniques, even without taijutsu specialization.

Name of Jutsu: Soldier’s Strength
Users: Ashigaru
Type of Jutsu:: Taijutsu
Element Affinity: N/A
Description: By rushing chakra out into their extremities and empowering their muscles, the Ashigaru are able to make themselves a little stronger for a little while. Depending on rank this allows the user to lift more, and strike harder. This technique makes the user 10% stronger per chakra rank spent, for 3 posts. This technique may not be used at the same time as Soldiers Swiftness.(D-10%,C-20%,B-30%,A-40%,S-50%)

Name of Jutsu: Soldier’s Swiftness
Description: By empowering chakra into their muscles, the Ashigaru clan knows how to limber up their muscles and joints, and make themselves move faster. Depending on chakra spent this will allow them to strike faster, and move quicker for 3 posts. Just as with Soldiers Strength this jutsu provides a 10% bonus per rank of chakra spent to the characters combat and movement speed for 3 posts. This technique may not be used at the same time as Soldier’s Strength. (D-10%,C-20%,B-30%,A-40%,S-50%)

Name of Jutsu: Soldier's Endurance
Description: With years of die hard training, a life time of injuries and fighting, and a little chakra, Ashigaru are able to continue on in spite of terrible injuries. This ability allows the Ashigaru to bleed a little chakra into their bodies and numb their nerves. This ability, on top of their huge resistance to pain, allows the Ashigaru to ignore the effects of pain for up to three hours. While this ability allows them to continue on in spite of lethal damage, it does nothing to stop the spread of such damage. Using this ability can be fatal, but few Ashigaru care; fighting on is the core of their way of life. This ability can be used over and over, so long as the Ashigaru still have chakra. For this same cost of chakra the Ashigaru is also able to recover from exhaustion in an instant, keeping them always primed and ready for battle. This ability lasts for about 3 hours when not in combat, or about 20 posts in a fight. This ability costs 1 C rank of chakra either way.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
Hokage
Hokage
lifeanddeath

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:34 am

• Given that Medical Techniques are a specialized branch of Ninjutsu, if the clan members are cut off from Ninjutsu techniques, they would also be unable to utilize Medical techniques/
  • :Soldier's Endurance would be A rank | The time will need to be reduced or it will need an upkeep amount [An amount of chakra per so many posts or some such]
  • All three of these techniques are based in a Medical background [See first comment]
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 am

Quote :
:Soldier's Endurance would be A rank | The time will need to be reduced or it will need an upkeep amount [An amount of chakra per so many posts or some such]

I could give the jutsu a sliding scale if that would help, though the primary feature would be the wonderful pain resistance. I could understand it being much higher ranked if it allowed me to heal or something, but it doesn't. It just lets her ignore pain, and nothing more. While yes, that is very very handy, it's a skill that is just as likely to get you killed as it is to let you fight a few more rounds, and not really something that is so overbearing only a jounin would be capable. The resistance to exhaustion, however, is quite nice and could be higher ranked if you liked. I just don't want to see it loose too much of its effect. Lasting 3 hour with a C rank of chakra, it lets the ashigaru march all day, 24 hours taking up 8 C ranks of chakra, and still be able to fight when they get where they're going. Pretty nice, but still strikes me as less than A rank.

Quote :
Given that Medical Techniques are a specialized branch of Ninjutsu, if the clan members are cut off from Ninjutsu techniques, they would also be unable to utilize Medical techniques
I would have to grant you that, but this clan is capable of a limited amount of jutsu, albeit a little bit weaker than others. They are not completely incapable of utilizing chakra, or they wouldn't make very good ninja at all. They are actually quite talented at using jutsu that involve the body, which is why they are quite good at both Taijutsu, and Medical. An army is compeltely lost without a well trained staff of medics there to tend to the injured, and the Ashigaru army generates a lot of injured. while it is a specialized form of ninjutsu, I don't think it out of reach of this clan. That's why it's included as a possible secondary specialty, and not on the banned list for the clan.

Quote :
All three of these techniques are based in a Medical background.
While I do agree that could be medical techniques as well, these are also based on adrenaline, and raw power, and the will to just push the body beyond its capabilities. It borders on the edge of barbaric frenzy, and isn't really as controlled as medical techniques. I should also mention that techniques like this, such as Cherry Blossom Collision, can also be classified as Taijutsu, as I learned while playing a medic. I think the jutsu are pretty nice, seeing as the clan won't be getting a lot more, unless they go medic. I also might go medic. Either way, I think they can still be taijutsu as well. The Ashigaru are super well trained, after all.
Back to top Go down
Caranore
Missing Nin
Missing Nin
Caranore

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:56 am

We did not ask you your opinions on the matter, we stated that they must be changed.

Medical is a form of Ninjutsu. If you cannot use Ninjutsu, you cannot use Medical techniques. Period. Everything lifeanddeath has stated needs to be edited accordingly to what he might specify. We get what you mean and want by the explanations and descriptions of the clan. We are telling you to change things.

Either fix it or choose a canon clan.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:06 am

Oooh, sorry, I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to explain ourselves. I thought trying to better explain my stuff was the natural responce to being told to change it. Afterall, I made it how I like it, so hope to do my best to keep it that way. I don't mind making some changes, I can allow the clan Ninjutsu if I really want, it'd just spoil the fun of having so many fine weaknesses. I really don't think it's wrong to ask for at least a better explination on why I need to change it. Whether my points fall on def ears or not, it's still valid. These sorts of techniques have been considered Taijutsu before. I don't see why they aren't now.

Again, I am very willing to make changes, I just prefer negotiation to having someone else just strong arm control the outcome of my clan. Work with me here.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
Hokage
Hokage
lifeanddeath

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:16 am

Your clan differs from Tsunade's techniques in this manner. Your technique affects the muscles directly. Tsunades moves released chakra on impact to enhance the impact. The chakra didnt affect her body, it flowed in an explosive blast of sorts to give the illusions of truly enhanced strength. It is a subtle difference but it speaks vast differences in the application. Tsunade's techniques are labeled Tai because that is exactly what they are, chakra enhanced Taijutsu techniques.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 am

meh, well, I could change it to match, letting the ashigaru better release their chakra to strike with more power, but that seems like something that would take more chakra control than I would give this clan credit for; so I suppose i'll just play a canon clan. A shame, I did like this clan. Cest' la vie.

Feel free to archive or whatever.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
Hokage
Hokage
lifeanddeath

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 am

Archived as per requested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ashigaru Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashigaru Clan   Ashigaru Clan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashigaru Clan
Page 1 of 1