Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete Empty
PostSubject: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 am

These are all finished, but I'm waiting to post my main katana.

Name of Weapon or Item: Kyoketsu Shoge
Owner: Saya
Description/Abilities:The Kyoketsu Shoge is an endlessly useful weapon. The lengthy chain and weight can be used to tangle up other weapons, or disarm them completely. The chain is also useful for wrapping around peoples limbs, be they hands or feets or necks. The sharp kama at the end is a single edged sickle blade, that can cut quite easily through flesh.
History: The Ashigaru clan has a large collection of talented metal workers. Through out the years they have established a massive armory of ancestral weaponry. These weapons are guarded well, cared for, and repaired free of charge to any Ashigaru clan member that is still in good standing with their family. Showing cowardice, or losing a weapon, is sure to get you out of their good graces. While Saya was visiting her home, she spent much of her saved money from her first lower rank missions. With that money, this is one of the basic weapons she equipped herself with.
Appearance:The Kyoketsu Shoge is a versatile weapon derived from the Kusari-gama. It is essentialy a heavy dagger with a sharp hooked blade replacing the cross guard. The knife is attached to a 15 foot long chain, at the end of which is a weighted steel ring.

Name of Weapon or Item: Throwing Snare
Location: Wrapped up tightly and stuck to the small of her back, right above her shortswords.
Description/Abilities:This is just made to tangle up the feet of a quick moving enemy. It's much like a bola in that it can be used to trip and briefly disable an opponent. The tough rope is very hard to rip or break out of, however it is easy to cut with a sharp blade. This item only has a short range of about 10 meters.
History:This is a common and simple weapon that Saya picked up in the market place for a few coins. Just another useful weapon to add to her growing collection of weapons.
Appearance:This is just made to tangle up the feet of a quick moving enemy. It's much like a bola in that it can be used to trip and briefly disable an opponent. The tough rope is very hard to rip or break out of, however it is easy to cut with a sharp blade.

Name of Weapon or Item: Short Sword
Location: Slung sideways across the small of her back in a pair, one able to be drawn from either side of her.
Description/Abilities:This weapon was hand forged and folded over and over in its making. The steel was further hardened with treatments of great heat to make the blade good and tough. This is otherwise just a shortsword and is light, quick, and good for stabbing.
History: This is a rather simple weapon that saya has purchased two of, with money she made on her missions. The common short sword is most likely the most commonly used blade, and no warrior goes into battle without one for back up. Being the ever prepared warrior, Saya carries 2
Appearance:This is a short weapon made for quick stabbing attacks. The blade is only about 18 inches long, but the hook shaped cross guard make the weapon ideal for capturing another larger weapon. Though the weapon has a double edged blade, the heat treated and hardened steel tip is much better for stabbing deep into someone.

Name of Weapon or Item: Heavy Scale Cloak
Description/Abilities: This heavy armored cloak protects Saya from a most peircing and slashing sources of damage, but does little against damage from strong bashing sources. While the thick metal scales add a very strong and very heavy layer of protection to the wearer, the great weight comes at a cost. Wearing this cloak physicaly slows Saya down by 20%. The cloak has been fitted with a quick release buckle that allows Saya to easily remove this cloak at a moment's notice. When this cloak is removed, Saya recieves a speed boost of 30% for 2 posts due to the sudden freedom of movement and lack of weight. After the first two posts, this reduces to 10%, which remains for another 2 posts, then fades away completely.
History: This cloak was something Saya dreamed up to increase the worth of Ashigaru defensive armors. While not something that caught on in her clan, the cloak has quickly become the most distinctive item she wears. She commisioned the cloak from her clan's forge, and has been practicing with it ever since.
Appearance:This is a sturdy leather cloak that Saya thought up, and had her clan's metal workers fashion for her. It consists of a sturdy cloak made of soft, supple leather. The leather has been dyed black and is studded with hundreds of shaped steel plates. The plates are riveted to the leather with a scale like design which leaves little room for a blade to get through it. The cloak is able to cover her whole body, and its one piece construction leaves few weak spots. While it does provide a great amount of protection to all sides, it is also quite heavy. The amount of metal used to cover the cloak makes it weight about 60 pounds in total. Distributed evenly, it still slows her down some. Each of the individual plates of steel has been lacquered black.

Name of Weapon or Item: Ashigaru Undermail
Owner: Ashigaru
Description/Abilities: This is a form fitting suit of fine steel links. The small chain forms a protective steel mesh suit which will help lessen the effects of peircing and slashing attacks. This suit of mail is so fine that it takes on the appearance of fishnet from a distance and can be worn quite comfortably under normal clothing. Most ninja are issued suits of this that have already been dyed a deep black.
Appearance:This looks like fishnet from a distance, but it is actually a tight fitting covering of flexible steel mesh. The mesh has been dyed black and is light enought to be worn under clothes with little hinderance.
History:This item is just one of a million suits of armor the Ashigaru clan has been forging since days long forgotten. This is a standard issue suit of light plate mail, and was crafted in Ashigaru Forge some 200 years ago. Since that time it has seen constant use, numerous repairs, and has always been treated well and with care.

Name of Weapon or Item: Ashigaru Armor
Owner: Ashigaru Soldiers
Description/Abilities:Ashigaru armor is light. It proctes the vitals from serious injury, while allowing free mobility of arms and legs. Armor from the Ashigaru family has seen countless repairs, however still maintains it's masterful quality. The clan usualy designs it's armor to take the appearance of an oni or an ogre to help instill fear in their enemies. Most soldiers wear a traditional helmet with metal face plate resembling such a beast as well. This light plate mail covers most of the body and leaves very little skin exposed, and comes with plated gloves and boots as well.
Appearance Ashigaru armor is constructed of light plates of strong steel which are curved and shaped into tailored suits of armor. The metal plates tend to only cover the vitals and upper legs, leaving the arms and legs somewhat exposed. Saya has forsaken the chestpeice and breeches to lighten her armor, and wears only the shin guards, plated boots, Arm guards, and plated gloves.
History:This item is just one of a million suits of armor the Ashigaru clan has been forging since days long forgotten. This is a standard issue suit of light plate mail, and was crafted in Ashigaru Forge some 200 years ago. Since that time it has seen constant use, numerous repairs, and has always been treated well and with care.

Last edited by Wind on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shikyo Riku
Admin
Shikyo Riku

Location : Wherever the wind tells me to go and spread freedom

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:16 am

Approved
Back to top Go down
https://shinobiarmada.rpg-board.net
Dean
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:58 am

Wait, I see nothing wrong with the description, but I need to ask you to add history on your last three things. That is the only thing.
Back to top Go down
Shikyo Riku
Admin
Shikyo Riku

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm

The two items (The Ashigaru Armor and Undermail) do not need a history since the history is already in the clan application. However, the third one does need a history and desciption in appearance
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Done and done. Not sure how I forgot that. Also, please don't lock this until my sword has been added.
Back to top Go down
Shikyo Riku
Admin
Shikyo Riku

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Very well. Approved
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
Hokage
Hokage
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Archived due to user inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete   Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Begining Equipment: Saya Saru Complete
Page 1 of 1