Shinobi Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat Box
if
Similar topics
staff
Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu Shauntaystaffimgf
Happy New Year:

Year: 0638

Month: 1

Season: Winter
Your weekly weather report:
For the week of:
January 16th to January 22nd

Konoha: Snow Storm

Tea: Snow Storm

River: Snow Storm

Iwa:Snow

Taki: Snow

Wave: Snow

Suna: Windy

Kusa:Snow

Bird: Windy

Kiri: Snow Storm (40% visibility)

Oto:Snow

Ame:Hail

Kumo: Snow Storm

Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu Empty
PostSubject: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu Ris__landslides__kathmandu__g__n,property=default

Near the crack of dawn two of the members of team three met up with their sensei. For once, it had seemed, Lady Coal was right on time for training, and even eager to be setting off into the mountains. As was explained to both of the, the lesson for the day would have to do with walking on water, but as time and distance progressed, no water would ever come into sight. Instead, Coal leads the pair on a short voyage to the mountains in the north of the land of fire, and set off in search of a mountain top monastery. She needn’t find one, what she sought could be found in plentiful number along the way. The the beginnings of winter had been setting more and more on the land of fire, the snow in the mountains was slightly deeper, and fresher. The walk alone to the rocky outcropping she needed would have been a challenge on its own to anyone without snow shoes. It was just as tricky for coal, who continued to melt the snow upon which she stood.

When she finally stops, she’s led the two to a rather treacherous looking cliff. The face has dissolved, the clear evidence of a landslide present in the steep slope of jagged rocks and loose dirt. All told it covered some 60 feet of height with it’s many layered steps of cracked rock, and debris. Coal holds a hand up to the group, and mutters a few words. Alright, here we are. She says as she steps away from her students. “This is a lot harder than you can imagine, so watch close.”

No sooner had the words left her lips then she hopped forward and up, landing up on a rock about ten feet up the cliff. She lands on only one foot, perhaps even only her toes, then bounces up higher to another rock. She spends a second there, then with a another hop lands atop the high plateau above. She raises her voice to be better heard, having made the whole act look far, far to easy. “Alright.. now you two.”

Last edited by Wind on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:08 am

Koi followed his sensei up and through the mountains. This made Koi curious but, he followed silently trusting his teacher knew where she was going. As they climbed ever higher the snow became deeper. This didn't sit well with Koi. He hated snow. Not only was it cold, wet, and miserable, it would stick to the fur on his tail and ears if he should fall in the snow. No sooner had he thought this than it happened. Koi didn't quite lift his foot high enough and tripped over the snow. Koi flew up out of the snow and tried to brush the snow out his ears. He managed to get it all off but, they were wet now and that made him miserable.

Koi looked around him as they passed the monasteries along the way. They were like ominous buildings of solitude and silence and gave him the shivers. Koi moved a little faster while they passed them.

Koi almost ran into Mitsu before he would have walked over the edge of the cliff. Koi heard his sensei say something about being here. Koi watched as Coal Train bound up the wall and told them to follow her. Koi picked out a few rocks that were closer together than the ones she had used and followed up after her.
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 am

Mitsu found himself in his cloak on a mointain with some other kid and Lady Coal so they could be training, along with Nasa too. Mitsu had his favorite gloves on as well. Thin for flexibility, but insulated and durable. His cloak bore the symbol of his kekkei genkai, and he always wore it proudly. As he was climbing, he watched Lady Coal easily dart her way up gracefully.

He started having some trouble, but then he realized something; he could stand on water. Tree climbing would be easy compared to this, which meant mountain climbing would also be easy. If he hit a hard cliff face, he would focus some chakra to either his hands or feet to get the traction he needed. Mitsu was keeping up just fine with everyone and was actually near the front of them. Mitsu looked back and saw Koi fall in the snow. He chuckled on the inside at his reaction. Mitsu had known Coal longer than he, and he was younger too. His appearance intrigued Mitsu though. It was obvious that he belonged to a clan of some kind, be Mitsu hadn't heard of it. He would have to ask about it later.

Last edited by sly448 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm

One thing that was sad was a Chunin not knowing how to walk on water. What made it worse, a Special Jounin that couldn't as well. Nasamea wasn't sure if she should turn to Wind and go along with her Genin team for aid on how to do this but the rules said this was necessary. She rather learn the stunt by herself but not everyone always got what they wanted right?

With her body fed by her ever so diverse diet (sarcasm) and her tools all in place; Nasa was ready to take on just about any duties that came her way. Meeting up with the team first and giving some greeting she already felt out of place. It was all to learn though and considering she had better control of her chakra maybe she wouldn't have to stick around as long. Or, she could help Wind with teaching. Anyway she was here and rather confused.

Apparently they had to leap up a wall. Now she was all about overcoming walls presented before her but she didn't know if she meant literally. She didn't mind it all to much though. Good training exercise for the day.

When Coal bound up the wall Nasa followed close behind, using the same rocks to leap as she used some grace. It felt like old times except Dean was replaced by another Genin she knew nothing about.

Anyway, what else did Coal have in mind?

Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm

"Yes, yes, I am sure some of you are wondering how being out here on this crumbling cliff face is going to improve your water walking skills. I mean, there is not a single pond, lake or puddle for a mile, and yet the talents we are about to master will serve you well far beyond normal water walking. Yes, any typical goof can scale a wall, climb a tree, or navigate rocky outcroppings, however the methods that we choose to use are typically those require the least amount of energy. The simplest method we can think of, is often what we rely on to learn. Such is not the case with me, and I will begin to explains now. We are going to be climbing this wall until the three of you can do it without stumbling, and you will not have use of your hands while you do." she says, and crouches down towards the ground.

She flicks her hand into a single handseal, and 3 puffs of smoke appear in front of her. The boxes were each just plain wooden crates, and each one was empty. "Alright, lets begin. Each of you needs to pick up a crate, and return to the bottom of the cliff with it. Add rocks to make it Heavy. Not light, no over bearing, just heavy. Once completed, we're going to begin climbing up and down this wall. As you all already noticed, these jagged rocks do not offer many solid footholds, and you're going to need to be light on your feet to manage this as easily as I do. With your arms full, I'm afraid you will find this to be quite the challenge. You are not going to be able to land on these rocks with your whole foot. Because of their shape and crumbling nature, you will need to land on as little surface area as possible, such as your toes, and the balls of your feet. If you tried to land completely flat footed, you would only slip off of, or stick to the rock you're landing on."

"So, lets begin. First things first, lets make this interesting. We shall have a friendly competition. The first of you to make it up and down this rock face ten times will be fastest. There is no pride beyond satisfaction, and do not think that is the end of this training. No no, that is just a warm up. Now, let's see how the three of you do. Weigh down those crates, and lets get started. Back breaking labor doesn't finish itself." she concludes with a grin. A moment later she's just standing there, waiting for her students to do as instructed, then as thought it were an after thought she adds her last remark. "And don't worry if you fall and get hurt, I will patch you right up. I am a doctor, after all."
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Koi couldn't help but think, Oh great. I'm going to lose this little contest. I've seen these two around before while he was in the academy.[i] Koi sucked it up and picked up the crate Coal had made. He looked over the edge and picked out a few small out croppings and used them to slow his decent as he launched himself from the top. Once at the bottom he clawed at the wall and held his crate underneath it and filled it about halfway. It may not have been very full but the rocks were small and filled the empty space causing it to be rather heavy for Koi.

Then he looked up at the wall again. [i]There's no way I can do that again with this crate full of rocks.
he thought. Then, he had an idea. Coal said they had to climb the wall with the rocks but, only implied that they had to be carried in their hands. So, he pulled out his ninja wire and tied the crate around his waist so his hands were free and began to climb up the wall.

He basically ignored the contest part but, used it to gauge his own progress. He knew he wouldn't be able to beat the others but, if he appeared to catch up or not move as slow in comparison, he would know that he's making progress.

He slipped a few times but, having all fours on the wall he quickly recovered. Around half way up the third time, he began to grow tired. To compensate for this he redirected some of his chakras to his limbs to help bare the load they carried. At the top after the fourth time, his fingers gave and he began to flail his arms at the edge but, his fingers wouldn't grab the edge and he fell from 60 feet up and landed in the snow covered ground below. Unfortunately the snow was packed down from being trampled on by him and his teammates and felt more like ice than snow.

"Ow." he whispered through his tired mouth. He had been gritting his teeth the whole time. His body was numb from the exercise and it felt the same as when you are poked in the cheek after the dentist gives you Novocaine only, it was all over his body.
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Mitsu sighed at the fact that she really didn't want to make this easy. But if they could do this on their first try, it would mean all that easy stuff would come very easy to them. Mitsu suddenly got the idea of not carrying the crate with his hands. He put the rocks in it like he was supposed to, and so the felt the strength of the wood it was made of. Good, just the right amount of strength...

Mitsu held it on his back, and then shot out bone spikes from four spots on his back, leaving them protruding. They easily penetrated the crate and held if firmly in place. Mitsu then smirked as he looked over at Koi's poor atempt at carrying the crate up with wire. If he isn't careful, the wire WILL do more bad than good. Mitsu started to focus chakra through both his hands and feet and started climbing the wall with all fours like some sort of mammal. He was actually going at a decent speed.

The matter of footholds and handholds were basically irrelevant. The chakra he was channeling to his hands and feet allowed him to stick to the cliff easier. He knew that since he was somewhat rushing the climbing meant that he was slightly wasting chakra, so he focused a little more. He felt like some sort of monster climbing up and down the mountain several times. He was on his third time, not caring how fast he was compared to the others. But he knew from his glances that he was at least keeping up with Nasa, if not ahead.
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:44 pm

The task seemed simple in the mind but challenging to the body. Nasamea had never quite been given this sort of challenge before. In a way she kind of missed being a genin now just to see if there had been anything else she missed. No matter, she wasn't about to lose to two genin with less experience than her. She had some pride to her, no doubt about that. Losing to them would surely make her feel like a worthless disgrace. So, when she was given the crate she grabbed it with her hands before she leaped a few times to the ground below. The goal was to climb up and down ten times so she would start at the bottom first. This was where the rocks were anyway.

The moment Nasamea was given this crate and asked to place rocks in it she began to formulate a plan that would allow her to easily do this without having to worry about hurting herself; safety first. She thought about it carrying it once she made her way to the bottom of the wall. Then once her feet hit solid ground and she began to place rocks in she started to get another idea. Coal said she had to carry it, not how to carry it.

Nasamea first finished filling the crate with rocks; making sure to test the crates weight to see it was heavy but not overburdening. Once this was done she began to fish around through her ninja pouch before she pulled out a kunai that had been tied to a wire. It seemed to be at least 7 meters long from what she saw which was rather long but she wasn't about to complain unless it didn't work. Nasamea then removed her black cloak and laid it over the crate's opening. Afterwards she started to cause her idea to manifest by wrapping the wire around the opening and underside of the crate. She wrapped it three times in separate places to keep the rocks in. The next part to her plan was lifting it onto her back which proved to be a bit difficult.

She turned the crate on its side, the black cloak and wire holding the rocks inside the crate, before she had the wries cross the underside like an X. she then bent down low and placed her back against the crate before she began to wrap the wire around her once, over her shoulders like backpack twice, and then hooked the kunai to lock it all into place. It was almost like a back pack now; as mentioned before.

By then the others were probably making their way up the wall but Nasa would make sure she caught up carefully and fast. She turned onto her side before she managed to get onto her hands and knees. The hard part was mostly done and now she would just push herself to her feet.

She may have had a late start but now she was ready. With her gloved hands gripping the razor wire; which would uncomfortably dig into her shirt and skin, Nasamea would move forward and up the wall. She was lucky to have regeneration. Now if only she had bones like Mitsu though...
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Coal snickers just slightly and shakes her head some. The kids certainly had some innovative ideas on how to make this job easier, but making the job easier would only delay the long term results. "Remember, the weight should not be too much to bear. We are more trying to occupy their hands, than break your back. The purpose of the box of rocks is to keep you from using your hands, which are your natural tools for acheiving better balance in these situations, and force you to rely on your feet, and your ability to focus chakra into them. Each of you should be capable of leaping from one rock to the next, but the trick is in being able to stick the landing. By focusing chakra into the landing, you can stick to the rock like it was a level surface, and jump up to the next one. Repeating these steps makes this task extremely easy." She says, and nods some as she does.

Atop the cliff Coal crosses her arms and grins some. "When I was a child, we used to gather water from the river like this. For hours in the morning we'd each tote pails up and down the jagged cliffs outside of the monastery, to refill the great cistern inside. I could not even begin to tell you how many times I climbed cliffs such as these with no use of my hands, and even now the act is quite easy." she rambles on, speaking down at her students to give them something to listen too, maybe some tips on the exercise at hand. "From these sorts of beginings are the simpler arts mastered. Once you are able to scale this cliff face in a matter of moments, a great world of possibilites opens up to you. The ability to walk on walls, and ceilings, and to greatly enhance the way we move."

"The martial style taught by the monks at the Lotus Monastery focuses on this ability to better control our chakra. It uses it in great ways to enhance the body, empower our balance. The masters of that style are capable of some truly amazing things. The control our chakra gives us over our bodies is what lets the masters do things like sleep atop beds of nails, or balace their weight against the tip of a sword. The focus they achieve lets them stand firm while thick boards are broken over their backs and sides. All of these things come from the basic principals learned while climbing the wall." she continues, droning on and on. Of course, just when it seemed like she might never stop talking, she does.
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:45 am

Koi pulled out a kunai and cut the wire from around him and rolled over. "Damn that hurts." Koi tried to push himself up again and fell back to the ground. Maybe I should just lay here for a while. So, Koi watched the others go up and down a couple times before getting up and trying again himself.

He walked up to the wall and looked up as coal mentioned how to actually climb the cliff. He thought about this a moment. I can do that. Koi took a few steps back and decided to omit the crate he had fallen on until he figured out how to stick to the wall.

Koi made a running start and focused as much chakras as he could to his feet. As he neared the cliff he could feel some resistance. When he hit the wall it repulsed him from the wall and flung him about twenty feet from the wall. Luckily, the snow out there was soft and Koi wasn't hurt as much this time.

Koi got up and decided he would try gradually less amounts until he could finally stick to this cliff. Koi repeatedly ran up to the wall and was flung less farther each time till he finally was able to sick to it. So, he climbed up to the top and spoke to Coal. "Um, sensei, I kind of need a new crate."
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 am

Mitsu watched as Koi was failing miserably. That boy was not a very good ninja, but neither was Mitsu when he was fresh out of the academy. But this kid...ugh it was almost enough for him to facepalm. The falls the boy took looked nasty too, he had no idea why the kid was doing this in the first place, all he needed to do was simply climb the damn mountain. Mitsu was determined to not use his hands, so he simply placed them in his pockets deep enough that they wouldn't come out easily.

Mitsu left the crate sit where it was, on his back impaled by bone spikes. Mitsu then started jumping as far and as high as he could. Since he could stand on water, this came very simple to him. It took him time to remember which places gave him the best foot holds, but by the time he had gone up his seventh time, he was doing it rather quickly and didn't need foot holds much, just enough to stick his feet onto. By his ninth time, he was doing it in seconds. He finished his tenth try and triumphantly stood at the top next to Lady Coal. "How was that sensei?"

Last edited by sly448 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:20 am

Nasamea could only take so much of Coal's words this practice session. She listened to her advice but when it came to the other stuff she only picked up on bits and pieces before she ignored the rest. Her prime focus right now was on the rocks and her climbing up then. She did as coal suggested and began to focus chakra into her feet and allowed her hands to fall into her pockets. Coal was right about hands, they were used for balance a lot. If Nasa wanted to master Taijutsu aside from her elements she needed to focus on using everything but her hands as well. At least on her opinion anyway. Maybe she was wrong but who knew.

So far Nasamea managed to scale the wall once when Lady Coal was giving her explanation. She was already making her way back to the bottom before she started to focus her chakra and such. Her first attempt wasn't clumsy but at the same time it wasn't exactly graceful either. Now that was fueling chakra into her feet though, and using her chest as a way to balance herself, Nasamea climbing the wall faster than what she had. She leaped from one wall to the next while she focused on her chakra control in her feet but more so her body and it's movements.

She kept pace as she climbed the wall twice, thrice, and kept going. From what she could tell Mitsu had been ahead of her but now she was caught up and even beating him by one climb. She was naturally faster considering she had more experience and chakra control. Now she was making the assumption that water walking would be easy. She was prepared for her current confidence to lower as well though.

Nasa watched Mitsu as he scaled the wall. He seemed to be getting better at a quick rate as well which was good. She wondered when he may rank to Chunin. If he could do it like her and Shi had.

Next her eyes flowed to the other Genin and things began to get a little hairy. He had managed to sumble repeatedly and even ruined his crate. She knew he had to be fresh out of the academy so naturally these situations would be harder but typical caring her began to feel a bit bad. She didn't help though. If he wished to learn he would have to do it all on his own. At least he was starting this sort of training right away though. Nasa kind of wish she had but her training was mostly repeating fights. Never to late to learn though, at least she was here.

Finishing the wall a climb before Mitsu, Nasa waited on the top near Lady Coal.

"I hope this meets your approval" she said with a light pant.

She soon set her eyes on the younger genin then, her careful hues watching him to see if he could do it.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Coal hops off the ledge and bounces quite easily down a few rocks to the ground. She grins a bit as she walks over towards Koi, then gives the broken crate a little nudge with a bare foot. "Well, it has certainly seen better days, but perhaps we should just take a different approach to this task. There are ways we can get this done and still busy your hands, and a way that will make this all the easier. Now, what is your favorite hand seal?" She asks, though the question would turn out to be rhetorical. "Go ahead and form it, and imagine this task we have at hand. Occupy yourself with a good seal, and just use it to better focus the chakra in your feet." she continues, and does as such herself. Her left hand only rises in front of her, two fingers remaining pointing upwards as she focuses.

"The chakra you create has many purposes, and one of them is allowing you to become closer to the elements all around you. Like water, we can also use our chakra to stick our feet to stone, and walk upon it as a goat would. It is not a matter of climbing, so much as jumping, and holding on very tightly with your chakra, and feet. See.." She pauses, and hops up on top of a rather jagged looking rock. Clinging to it with the arms seemed more ideal, but she just stood atop the rock's pointed top. The image itself seemed to defy the laws of physics, and not only because she stood on only one foot. "There is little other than a strong outside force that could make me fall off this rock now, because my feet are using chakra to hold tightly onto to the rock. We all can do this, it just takes a little effort, and will."

Coal concludes with a quick hop back up to the top of the cliff, because her other students seemed to be catching on, and close to finishing. She was glad to see Koi was un-harmed from the fall he'd suffered. It was quite the height, and knocked him off his feet, but like any good and tough ninja, he was quickly back on his feet. "Now watch." she says, and hops up once more. The jump was graceful, and backwards, sending her blindly up the cliff face. Just watching beneath her provided her sight of a rock to land on, and the moment she touches down she is off like a shot. She bounds up the wall in two hops easy, cresting the peak and barely touching down. Two more hops and she's on the ground once more. In a flash she completes a transit of this all to easy of a climb, making it seem like she is doing little more than running in a circle. Though Nasa and Mitsu were close, before either could finish their final three laps, Coal finished eleven herself. Once done she waits at the top of the cliff, grinning to herself and crossing her arms once more.

She waits until both are finished, and addresses them with some comments as they rest. "Impressive, you two, you caught on really quick, but I can not help but notice the rather important part of your team that you left behind. No matter how far we excel ourselves, we will always be reliant on our team mates. If they are no longer teaching the value of team work at the academy, I will have to make it a point to have some words with Lord Hokage." she says, and points down at Koi.
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Koi listened to what Coal said and took her words to heart. He watched climb the cliff with ease several times before starting the trek himself. This time though, he was able to walk straight up the cliff without using his hands at all. He stuck fast to the cliff side wall but, still took it nice and slow because his concentration faltered a little when he slipped.

Koi reached the top the first time doing this, his sixth time now, and heard Coal tell the others about teamwork and point at him. "No. I can do this on my own. Don't help me." was all he said before taking a step over the cliff and starting his descent. It took a good ten minutes for him to reach the bottom and Koi looked back up at the top of the cliff. The others were staring at him, waiting for him to finish.

There's gotta be an easier way to do this. Koi thought. Then, it hit him. Why couldn't he see this before? He could climb the cliff without ever touching the cliff. Koi concentrated a decent amount of chakras into his knees before he rushed it towards his feet. The sudden amount of chakras rushing down into his feet, repulsed him high into the air and Koi just managed to direct himself to the edge of the cliff and fell on top of Mitsu.

Koi sprung to his feet and apologizing before trying the second part of his plan. Koi leaped from the top of the cliff and focused his chakras to his feet and felt it repulsing him as he fell, he gradually focused some chakras away and slowed his descent and landed on his feet hard. Koi collapsed on the ground, face first in the snowy ice, and screamed out in pain. His leg was broken. However, he now knew what he needed to do in order to climb the cliff.

Koi held up a hand at the others, signaling them not to help him still. Koi poked his broken leg with his first two fingers and let out a high squeal. To the others above it would look like he did nothing as he formed the hand seal to activate his only jutsu which would null the amount of chakras he could pour into that leg and completely cut off the electrical impulses to his leg thus, rendering it numb to all pain. Koi stood up, careful not to put any additional weight on his injured leg, and flew up the cliff like he had before. Only this time, he was able to direct himself more skillfully than before and landed on his good leg before toppling over.

With a grand smile on his face Koi said, "Sensei. My leg is broken." Koi wasn't smiling because his leg was broken. He was smiling because he had learned something new.
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Mitsu looked at the kid and let him be from the fact that he didn't want help. The hand was all that Mitsu needed to see in order to know the kid wanted left alone. He had guessed that this kid's leg was broken when he wasn't using it. He was curious and surprised as to why and how he didn't seem to be experiencing any pain though. Mitsu smirked though, broken bones were no problem to him at all. Sure they hurt when they were broken, but that soon became nonexistent. All he had to do was simply expose the broken bone or simply repair it. If it was badly broken, it was better to replace the bone. Minor ones a simple fusing of the bones again repaired the damage and ceased the pain.

Mitsu showed some admiration if was was able to endure that much pain when he finally collapsed. The kid would be okay with Lady Coal there to help though, and if Mitsu could have, then he would have tried to use his bloodline to help. He was curious if he could ever learn how to manipulate another's bones. It would indeed be interesting and helpful if he could.

Last edited by sly448 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am

She had the other genin in mind but she was more about learning to do on your own then having someone necessarily help. Maybe she could have provided him words of encouragement but that was out of character for her to the people she wasn't partially close to. It was mostly a bit awkward, yet not. She wasn't sure. Anyway, the genin was now on the top with the rest of them except the difference between the three of them was that his leg was now broken. Nasa's intent was good. She wished to help him. Sad part was she didn't know how. She wasn't able to manipulate her bones like Mitsu or use medical jutsu like Coal. All she could do was just drain someones blood, clean up any open wounds, or go at lengths to turning him into member of her clan; if he didn't have a bloodline anyway. Thing was, only Mitsu knew of her abilities and she hoped it stayed that way. So really, the only thing she could do was probably carry him but Coal may take it upon herself to do that. How could the boy manage a smile?

She had to give him some props. He managed to fight through the pain splendidly. It was enough to make any teacher or ninja in general proud. But pride fades when deaths cold grip takes over and had this been a mission of some sort the kid would have only managed to become a burden. Nasamea let out a low sigh, her face appearing a bit disappointed as she closed her eyes and peered away. When her attention returned to the genin she took on a bit of a distant look. Her features would become hard to read as she waited for Coal to deal with him. This Genin was an interesting fellow.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 am

Inwardly Coal laughs to herself, though she doesn't let the act come through in her expression. "Goodness, dear, you're certainly brave. A little odd, but brave none the less. Let me take a look at you." she says as she steps the few paces needed to clear the distance between them. She crouches and down pokes Koi's leg with her finger curiously. She sits herself down and picks the leg up, not one for caring much for pain. "Yeah, it's definatly broken, and all that flying around didn't help it much. It's been grinding the ends together, I'm suprised you didn't pass out. You really should be quite happy the body's natural response to such thing is shock. And, lucky you, I should be able to get you fixed up in no time."

"Nasamea, Mitsuhide, you can both take a break, or practice a little more while I tend to this. It will just take a moment." she says, then redirects her attention to Koi. "Just hold tight. It's gonna hurt worse for a moment, then it's all gonna start feeling better. Five minutes.. ten minutes tops, and you'll be good as new." she concludes and nods. As she does her hand gives Koi's lower leg a pull and a twist, setting the ends up the broken bone back into place with a bit of a crunch. The sounds were always the worst part of being a medic. Then again, it might have also been the smells.

Coal reaches out over the fracture in his bone, and concentrates. A dim blue light forms around her hand, and carefully envelops his leg. The chakra slowly knits the flesh and bone back together, but the process took just a bit of time for wounds as grievous as this one. Coal remains quiet as she works, concentrating on her task and working as quickly, and as carefully as she could. It wouldn't do to have genin ruining their futures with wounds she healed impropperly; esspecialy when she wasn't covered by the same insurance that protected the hospital staff.
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 am

Koi listened to what Coal had to say about the pain. "Well, I actually don't feel anything right now. You see, I invented a seal that temporarily cuts off the electrical impulses to muscle tissue and nulls the chakras in the area I place the seal." Koi explained as he lifted his pant leg to reveal the seal's mark. It was a little transparent now and would soon disperse but, Koi had confidence in his sensei's ability to work faster than the seal would fade.

Koi flinched at the sound his leg made when Coal set the bone in place.It was sickening and Koi fell ill to his stomach as his brain simulated the pain he should be feeling in his leg. He then watched with great interest and awe as she began to mend the bone and tissue. It didn't hurt the whole time she worked on it but, it made him a tad squeamish to see the things moving underneath his skin. Koi had to look away now and noticed his teammates were staring at him. "What? Is there something on my face?" he asked wiping at his face. Koi wondered further wondered about their stares when he found nothing there.

Last edited by Fisshu Kashikoi on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 am

"Nasamea, Mitsuhide, you can both take a break, or practice a little more while I tend to this. It will just take a moment." Mitsu nodded and decided to sit down. He had never seen medical jutsu take place in person, so this interested him. He didn't watch Koi's face at all. When he mentioned the seal, he was quite interested that such a young kid could think up of an intricate seal. Perhaps that was how the kaguya's numbing ability worked. Mitsu soon realized this wouldn't be the case. The fact that chakra needed to be in the area to manipulate the calcium was one thing. The lack of impulses would mean he wouldn't be able to move that area. And in certain places that matter would mean death.

There were several reasons that popped up in Mitsu's head all at once that immediately disproved his theory. Mitsu didn't even cringe or wince when he heard the bone crunch into place. He had heard the sound many times before. He had broken a few bones here and there, which was why he knew how to fix them quickly. Mitsu glanced over to Koi when he spoke, but he ignored him and turned his head back at Coal while she concentrated.
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 am

Nasamea listened to what Coal had to say before she watched Mitsu take a seat. Her gaze on the genin, which she still had not learned the name of yet, soon faded as she directed her attention to the bottom of the cliff. She simply gazed out in thought over the land, watching for any sight of life or anything interesting to look at. Seeing none, Nasamea then took a seat on the soft dirt as well. She then rested her head and body as she closed her eyes in a sort of meditative state. She didn't exactly wish to talk to anyone at the moment for she was in training mode still. Plus she was thinking about the next mission she may take on, what training to do next, etc. She still needed to work with her earth element.

The sound of his leg crunching caused her to shudder a bit. It made a cold child go down her spine and any hair on her neck to raise. It wasn't a pleasant sound, no doubt about that, but it was necessary to fix his leg. She kind of wished she was a medic now; just so she could heal people and such. Then again, she rather have her Taijutsu and maybe Genjutsu. Her prime focus of course was her elements and bloodline though.

As she began to fall back into a relaxed state, her mind beginning to sweep out all thoughts besides those necessary for her current training, she waited for Coal to finish up. Her anticipation starting to grow.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 am

"Alright then." Coal says with a smile, finally pulling her hand away after some five minutes of effort. The break was welcome for the rest, no doubt, but had still used little of her impressive stores of energy. "That should do you alright, long as you don't put any undue stress on your leg for a while. Lucky for your team mates, I guess, we'll get to skip the really really hard part. ... for now."

Coal pushes herself up off the ground and dusts herself off, sighing just a little bit as she looks around. The cliff face was behind them, but mountain trails still lead upwards through rocky faces, and a frigid tract of wilderness. It was quite the majestic area for the local thick furred animals, but even coal was a little cold from sitting still so long. "Onwards we go. Lets go find ourselves a nice lake to walk on. It shouldn't be far, there's a lot of lakes out in these mountains, and even more once the water starts freezing. With the skills you learned on the cliff, walking on water should be delightfully easy for you. It's much easier than both using chakra to jump, and balance, and stick to a surface. On water you need only worry about balance. Even sticking to the water isn't necessary with enough balance, though it is still advisable when the waves really start going." She says as she turns for the highe ground. Coal begins up the mountains, leaving the broken crate behind.

The climb would be easier with no extra weight, and use of the hands for both balance and climbing. Finding water would be only an easy matter of seeking out the deeper valleys, the ones that collected the most rain. In time the group find one easy enough. A grand lake some fifty meters in length comes into sight over the crest of a mountain, and their final destination is in sight. It is tragic, however, that their final destination was such a disappointment. So easy would be the task, that your average mouse could accomplish it. Truly, even an infant could crawl across the vast expanse of solid ice filling what should have been a lake bed. Feet thick, and solid as stone, the ice posed a real problem to the group. Even a good bunch of fire seemed unlikely to thaw the great frozen lake.

"Ahhh, delightful. We've arrived." Coal announces, as if the place were ideal.
Back to top Go down
Fisshu Kashikoi

Fisshu Kashikoi

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Koi noticed the look of intrigue cross over Mitsu's face after he explained his jutsu. It sounded simple but, if casted wrong had dire consequences on the caster. "Would you like to know more about my seal? I'd be more than happy to teach it to you." Koi said with a smile. Before he got his response, Coal announced that she had finished. Koi prodded his leg to test her workmanship and decided she had done a fine job.

Koi tried to stand up after Coal had fixed his leg but, as soon as he put weight on it, the leg collapsed under him. "Oops. Forgot. The seal is still in affect. No worries though. I'll manage." he said. He stood up again, making sure to put all his weight on his 'good' leg, and hobbled after his sensei using what he had just learned to aid his movement.

Koi jumped out onto thee frozen lake and fell into a slump as Coal said it would be perfect. "I imagine you have some way of thawing out this giant ice cube then?" he asked in response. Koi's butt was already starting to get cold but, he would have to wait until his seal wore off and he had full capabilities of his leg again.

Last edited by Fisshu Kashikoi on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sly448
Genin
Genin
sly448

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 am

Before they walked off to follow Coal, Mitsu decided to respond to Koi's offer. "Perhaps sometime, yes. I'm always up for learning, especially when it something that strikes my interests. Lets discuss a time to do so after the training.

Mitsu followed Lady Coal as they hopped back down the mountain. Mitsu finally decided to actually take a look around at the scenery. The white snow everywhere made the scenery quite lovely to look at. Mitsu almost tripped on the way down from being distracted, but he caught himself before he got to the point where it was noticeable. Soon they were down by a frozen lake, with Lady Coal commenting on it being the perfect spot. Mitsu had an idea of what she might do with the lake. She knew she could control lava, but she could also build up chakra and release it in a punch and break shit. Is she going to break the ice? Or is she going to melt it? If she melts it, the lava may cool to a rock, making things worse.
Back to top Go down
Nasamea
Chuunin
Chuunin
Nasamea

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:45 pm

The group moved along with Coal, Nasamea herself staying in the back of the ground to watch over from behind. She was actually enjoying the landscape to and trying to avoid talking merely so she could stay relax. Like Mitsu enjoyed stargazing, Nasa enjoyed being surrounded by the wilderness. It was there that she escaped to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city even if it was simply in the training grounds. She felt there she could be whomever she liked. A villain, a hero, it was all up to her imagination that day. She wasn't a child though. In fact she mostly just sat there thinking through past events. Also, even though they weren't surrounded by forests like the other places it was still in an area few ventured. The path untraveled some would say. She enjoyed those paths.

When they arrived at the lake Nasamea was a bit disappointed. She had expected for them to have an actual water base to work on, not necessarily a sold slab of ice much like concrete. That easy to walk across on her opinion. Maybe in her mindset though there were some weak spots in the ice that would keep them on their toes. Nasa wished to investigate though.

"Lady Coal." she said as she walked past the other two and stood beside her, "are we walking across ice or can I help you melt it?"

Whatever Coal had in mind, Nasamea was ready for it.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Jounin
Jounin
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:57 pm

"Of course, of course. I had anticipated any water this high in altitude would be frozen solid this time of year. So, yes, I a prepared to deal with this impressive ice cube." she replies with a grin as she looks out over the vast expanse of ice. It'd take all day to thaw the lake with fire jutsu, but she had something else in mind. "Just as your chakra can be used to let you preform some amazing acts of both balance and weight distrubution, so too it as a million other basic uses. While it can be used to empower the body, the levels chakra can be used to focus the power of an attack differ depending on how much control you have over your own spiritual energies. Observe, this is the result of being able to harnass a good deal of chakra, and use it to deal grave harm to someone."

Lady Coal steps froward from the genin and pauses only when she only a step away from ice herself. It is not an effect that took a great long time to preform, and really the moments leading up to the strike are quite sutble, compared to the destruction it would bring. In a slow, fluid motion Coal bring both hands out in front of her. She focuses on her own chakra and begins to mass up a great deal of energy. With slow arches of her arms she draws the energy all through her body, and focuses it into the end of her fist. She hesitates only a moment, taking the last second to force more and more chakra into her fist, then she leans down slowly. She gets down on her hand and knees, her left hand resting against the ice as her right lifts up above her. It comes crashing down calmly, with what doesn't even seem like a great deal of force, but then the world shakes.

Chunks of ice crack and go flying as the vast lake fractures out in a wide spiderweb from the place of impact. Coals arm sinks in deep through the ice as it explodes around her, turning most of the area around her from one big block, to a feild of crushed ice, frozen boulders of water, and a now visibile, slushy, and slippery lake bed. After a few moments the earth stops it's shaking, and the peices of ice sent skywards all finish raining down. Coal only smiles. "Step one. Now I can see the lakebed, which will make this next step easier. Fire jutsu won't thaw this very quickly, but most of you know I am capable of creating much more heat. I rarely get a chance to do this, so I will savor every moment. Behold now, as I bleed out our worlds hot blood, and turn this lake back to water.."

The moment she finishes her sentence she forms a single hand seal. A clone appears beside her, and before the smoke can full clear both of the Coals are forming handseals. The seal combination was complex, and lengthy. It might have been some nine seals involved, but the speed with which Coal finishes the seals makes it seem much like childs play. Both the Coals lean down, though angle their bodies in slightly different directions. The moment their hands touch down, the world heaves violently. With the first powerful shake, the world cracks open before their eyes. A stright line from each Coal tears open, a great fissure in the world, that might have been endlessly deep. It was hard to tell it's depth, but before each crack could fully open it was begining to fill. Chunks of ice and rivulets of slushy water stream into the new fissure from above, but from below comes the real power. Glowing hot with a yellow-red light, molten earth bubbles up quickly from below, filling in the cracks with a thousand degree stream of lava. The clone vanishes once the jutsu are complete, and coal prepares to just wait.

It would take some time as the elements battled, ice vs lava in an epic war for dominance over the area. Of course, the ice would win, there was just more of it, but it wouldn't win intact. Over the coarse of some ten minutes the area explodes repeatedly with bursts of steam and fire. Thawing ice turns to water, which cools lava. Cooling lava turns to heated stone, which would mend the great crack underwater, but not hault the emanation of their great internal heat. In the end the lake would be melted. The surface of the water would be steaming hot, though not boiling. Surrounded by all the ice and snow, the now heated like seemed rather warm and welcoming. Coal just grins some more. "mm, Fun! I really do enjoy doing that."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu   Just Like a Goat:  Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Like a Goat: Team Three Training Topic + Mitsu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next